M10 ID

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
This is a fairly dry topic so my apologizes if you logged into uzitalk tonight hoping for news of a new upper or pictures of some imaginative build and instead all you get is some clueless sap asking trivial questions. Now, with that disclaimer out of the way:

I recently acquired an M10 (for the express purpose of hosting a Tenko upper which I maintain hope for) and the serial number and markings do not make sense to me in light of the recorded history in the Mac Man book. Page 362 states that the "Texas MAC" pistols produced in 1986 were numbered A604188 to A6042116. Mine is numbered A6049xx but has none of the Texas mac characteristics (ground cobray logo, safety variant, alternative buttstock, ect.). It is marked "STEPHENVILLE, TX" but it also carries the "pregnant snake" logo on the upper, lower, and buttstock. It's not particularly important, but I am curious if anyone has info to share.

MAC MAN

UZI Talk Life Member
Yours may be one done by SWD after MAC of Texas went out of business. Photos would help.

Last edited:

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
Yours may be one done by SWD after MAC of Texas went out of business. Photos would help.

Thank you for your input, just curious about the background of this one. I know that it doesn't really affect the value but I like to know the back story.

Landric

That is likely a SWD completed M10, I have one as well with the same appearance. I also have an "Original" Texas MAC that had the standard Texas MAC features before I had it upgraded by Sam at Practical Solutions.

How is your selector marked? My SWD gun has "Semi" and "Full" while my Texas gun has "1" and "32." If you check the serial number you might notice the last digit is a different font, that is the case with my SWD completed gun.

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter
That is likely a SWD completed M10, I have one as well with the same appearance. I also have an "Original" Texas MAC that had the standard Texas MAC features before I had it upgraded by Sam at Practical Solutions.

How is your selector marked? My SWD gun has "Semi" and "Full" while my Texas gun has "1" and "32." If you check the serial number you might notice the last digit is a different font, that is the case with my SWD completed gun.

It is marked "semi" and "full" and the welds are very nice on it. Most parts are Cobray stamped. Didn't notice any difference with the last digit but I'll pull it out of safe and check again. Do you have any idea about how many SWD completed M10's there were?

smec_289

UZI Talk Supporter

last digit in the serial is a different font, it is a number "4". Is there any significance to that?

Landric

last digit in the serial is a different font, it is a number "4". Is there any significance to that?

I believe that the last digit was added to the serial number by SWD. The only significance is that it identifies the gun as having been completed by SWD instead of being an "original" Texas gun.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter