M11/15 Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

macs_imum

I am tempted to jump on the bandwagon. Richard this using a lot of off the shelf parts should really cut the cost on it. Can you give me a "worse case scenario" as to what one may cost? I don't want to waste any time thinking about it if it's not something I can afford.

Even though it has many ar parts. It's a speciality item. I would guess it would sell for at least what the AA unit sold for as a complete unit. Business lesson 1. Thank you dosnt pay the bills. Lol

bigmacster

UZI Talk Supporter
Even though it has many ar parts. It's a speciality item. I would guess it would sell for at least what the AA unit sold for as a complete unit. Business lesson 1. Thank you dosnt pay the bills. Lol

Thanks for putting your two cents in dude! I'm a business man. I know how to do an estimate. I'm sure Richard knows how to too. What I am asking is for worse case scenario price. I'm not asking for a firm price. We know the Max 31 is $895.00 and cost a lot more to produce because of the custom parts. It looks like the numbers on this upper could push the quantity prices on the off the shelf AR parts down to make it even cost less. The 223 upper looks like it uses a lot less materials and therefore should be cheaper to machine. So what I am asking, what's the worse case price? The same as the Max 31? The AA uppers were much more complicated and used a lot more material and machining and the parts were not off the shelf. It's not apples to apples.

Last edited:

ccosby

If it can mechanically be done, we will make the upper for the M-11A1 and M10.

Nice. This interests me more than the Suomi drum upper(have the mk2 upper in 45 for my m10 right now). I'm sure the M10 version is a ways off, any idea though when you will have a waiting list for it?

Ericoak

Thanks for putting your two cents in dude! I'm a business man. I know how to do an estimate. I'm sure Richard knows how to too. What I am asking is for worse case scenario price. I'm not asking for a firm price. We know the Max 31 is $895.00 and cost a lot more to produce because of the custom parts. It looks like the numbers on this upper could push the quantity prices on the off the shelf AR parts down to make it even cost less. The 223 upper looks like it uses a lot less materials and therefore should be cheaper to machine. So what I am asking, what's the worse case price? The same as the Max 31? The AA uppers were much more complicated and used a lot more material and machining and the parts were not off the shelf. It's not apples to apples.

I think you are being optimistic here.

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
Nice. This interests me more than the Suomi drum upper(have the mk2 upper in 45 for my m10 right now). I'm sure the M10 version is a ways off, any idea though when you will have a waiting list for it?
We will not start a list for a M-11A1 or M-10 version until we have a working prototype.

grezy

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm just tickled with M11 A1 is even being considered I think it's just freaking awesome wish you the best Richard

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
I retested the MAX-11/15 today with Wolf WPA Polyformance 55 gr. .223 ammo.

I first cleaned the upper and bolt assembly and fabricated a prototype Lage stock adapter. I used our ACE Rifle Stock Adapter and added the AR-15 stock adapter to it. I had to modify the boss on the adapter to allow the stock to sit a little higher. I then drilled the hole near the top of the diameter. I did this to see if the stock adapter would be robust enough and not bend or break and to see if the center line offset of the operating/recoil rod would have any negative effects. This set-up will allow the stock to sit lower for a better cheek weld, if needed.

I went to the range and test fired with a PMag, two Teflon coated mag's and the GI magazine from yesterday. Every mag' except the GI mag' worked perfectly. The GI mag' I have came with my '70's era COLT AR-15 SPI. Probably not the best mag' to grab for the test yesterday.

We will post the video tomorrow.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
when can we expect a Mini-12 gauge version?

could this be done using the same system?

is there an issue creating a FA 12 gauge? (not to ask--is there a purpose other than to be bad ass)

desperado

This
If it can mechanically be done, we will make the upper for the M-11A1 and M10.

And this

Has me (and I'm sure all other M10 owners) going...

84110-five-guys-DAYUM-gif-Imgur-OkYM.gif

SwampMan

Another suggestion would be to incorporate a left side magazine release into the upper. Since the magwell is moved forward in order to provide the proper alignment of the BCG with the sear in the lower, the mag release is too far forward to be comfortably manipulated with the trigger finger. A left side mag release and left side charging handle would allow you to charge and reload the rifle with your support hand and would make the system much more user friendly.

m11stuff@hotmail.com

UZI Talk Life Member
I will try to make the upper compatible with standard and aftermarket mag' catches and mag' catch accessories.

telero

Watching the video it seamed like the ejection was erratic; however, when you watch the slow motion video, it appears that the empty cases are striking the charging handle as they are being ejected. Any thoughts about moving the charging handle to the Left Side?

Yeah, I asked him the same thing. He said that we was looking into an FAL style left side non-reciprocating charging handle. That would be sweet. I'm also hoping he works out a shell deflector.:)

I noticed the same thing. Looked to me a like a lefty shooting it would potentially get pelted with some brass, but that a few of the shells were getting deflected forward by the charging handle. I also like the idea of the left side non-reciprocating handle, but would definitely want a shell deflector as well. But if handle stayed near the ejection port, maybe it could be designed to act as the shell deflector since the current one occasionally worked as one anyway.

I'm also curious if the overhand grip on the handguard with the C-Mag was for controllability, or because the magazine gets in the way? Overhand grip like that wouldn't really work for lefty without putting a pounding on the right arm. At least not without a shell deflector that directed the shells downward, but I'm afraid anything too drastic could cause malfuctions such as FTE.

Vector 9mm

I guess I'm confused (doesn't take much lately) but will this unit require you to run an AR type buffer system forcing you to drill a hole in the receiver?

I would love to see a test with a 16" barrel to see what it does with the cyclic rate. I too think it would slow the gun down, but that is just me. I can say that I want this as a 16" unit for use on a bipod.....

SwampMan

I will try to make the upper compatible with standard and aftermarket mag' catches and mag' catch accessories.

That would be great. I didn't see any pictures of the left side of the receiver, so I couldn't tell if the mag catch was flush with the outside of the receiver or if it was recessed. It if is positioned the same way the AR mag catch is and aftermarket mag catches will work, then that is great.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter