M11/9 PAM2 Mags value?

opee

UZI Talk Supporter
Trying to find the current market value of the steel PAM2 converted mags that fit the SWD M11/9. 4 are all steel and 2 more of the Mags have a plastic base with the letters KRD.
Also looking for appx value of the used Zytel mags for the same SWD M11/9 SMG
Thanks in advance

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
Zytels are highly dependent on if the spine seam is cracked or if the feed lips are worn. You almost have to load then up to tell sometimes

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
The PAMs are probably a bit more or less than a similar condition used Z mag. The Zytels are only of value to collectors, masochists, and those that don't know about Z mags. The Z mag really changed things for M11/9 mags - a decent and durable mag for a reasonable price. I sold my Zytels with Lage feed lips for $3 each a couple of years ago.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
Before the Zmags $35 for a pam2 was reasonable. I wouldn’t buy pam2 mags at this time. They are a pain to load.

Zytels suck. $10 would be my guess.

Last edited:

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
I agree with your $10 estimate on Zytel mags Jake.
What some people may not know is there is a difference in Zytel mags. The pre-bans generally work OK, but the post bans can be very problematic. An easy way to tell is a close examination of the Cobray logo. It will be raised/embossed on the original magazines, while the post bans Zytels are pressed into the material.

We went to great lengths back in the day to improve the PAM2 magazines. Jake headed up what may have been his first group by on replacement springs. If memory serves correctly, they were Wolff springs designed for use in the 32 round Uzi mags. Where is provided much easier loading without sacrificing reliability. Coupled with the Zytel follower clones Richard made, these were the best mags we had even if they lacked an over insertion stop,
The first PAM2s I purchased were from Jerry Prasser wayback when cost about $17 each. The last batch I bought were from CDNN and priced at $9.99 each. I keep talking about the good all days, being right now. This may give you a little insight as to why I keep saying that.

I’d be inclined to swap the followers and springs from the Zytel mags into the PAM2s and keep them. Otherwise I think $10 for the Zytels and $20 for the Argentine PAM2s is about right.

opee

UZI Talk Supporter
I have 7 of the pre-ban Zytel and 4 post-ban Zytel’s
6 of the Pam-2 Mags.
Perhaps ask $100 shipped for 11 Zytels?
And $120 shipped for the 6 PAM-2 mags?
Or, $210 shipped for all 17 mags in the lower 48?
Also consider lowering price for my Lage MAX-11 MK2 Upper from $700 to $675 shipped, and throw in the Lage fixed stock for the SWD M11/9
Is an original MackJack worth anything?

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
Sounds like a good starting point Opee. If you can wait, the next time we get a liberal in the white house the prices will double or triple a few months after the election. I've seen that too many times.

PS I'd be interested in the Mack Jack. I like the stupidly fast rate of fire.

Quake Guy

seems to me the zytels could benefit from a stronger spring?

anyone try the ZMAG followers in a PAM mag?

also do the UZI springs from Wolff work in either type mag?

opee

UZI Talk Supporter
All the Zytels are gone. Probably need to put this other stuff in the WTS section. Walther mags maybe on GB, not sure? Hate to sell the Walthers.
Thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter