M11/9 VS MAC10/9MM

AOK

I have a M11/9 and I like the Lage upper options all though I don't have one yet. I have a chance to buy either another M11/9 or MAC10/9 and am wondering about the difference in reliability, parts and mag availability between the two. My M11/9 is new in the box so I'm hesitant to shoot it that's why I'm considering one of the other guns since both of them have been shot. I should probably get the M11/9 so all parts,mags will work in both guns, but that old Ingram sure is nice. I picked up the MAC MAN book last week and it is a must have, great book.

armorer2660809

My first post, long time lurker. I have a M11/9 (In box used), M10/9 (used) and a M10 45 (New in Box). I plan on getting a M11 .380 later this year. I have been debating shooting my M10 45 but its in NFA Jail so that urge is pointless. My advice, if you plan on doing the four like me, in the not so distant future get the M10/9, if you really don't want to shoot your M11/9 at any point and value it as somewhat of an investment then get another M11/9. I will probably shoot my NIB M 10 45 at some point because I really don't ever plan to sell these things.

Also, what's the price difference between the two? That should be taken into account because lately on gun broker when I have looked the price difference for what they have been selling for is like $500 to $2000 with the M11/9 being higher. I had no plans to purchase anything after the M11/9, but here I am with three, working on fourth.

LawBob

Don't be like my brother and die with Unfired weapons you'll never sell

AOK

That is good advice,reminds me of a story but too long to tell at the moment. I'm sure I'll end up buying at least one of the other guns anyway. Maybe I should get the Ingram just to have a piece of the early history.

AOK

I guess it would be safe to assume that the MAC10/9 would be more durable than the M11/9 due to the thicker steel receiver? Any experiences with durability?

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Any way at all that you can swing both? Even if it's part cash/part trade?
If the same person (or dealer) has them, you *may* be able to get a better deal by getting both!

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
I guess it would be safe to assume that the MAC10/9 would be more durable than the M11/9 due to the thicker steel receiver? Any experiences with durability?

Reliability and durability are going to be the same on both. While the M10 might be thicker steel it's little brother is engineered well enough to handle the stresses put on. If You put a lage upper on it it could last indefinitely.
Sure parts will break and wear out in both, and maybe parts are easier to get for the M11/9 just because it's more common. I already have an M11/9. I'd probably go for something different. I wouldn't mind having a 380 with the new K upper coming out. Not a fan of the fat mac myself. Just prefer the M11/9 and 380 with the Lage options.

Last edited:

forindooruseonly

In my thinking, the only reason to get a fat MAC is if you are wanting to shoot .45. If you only want to shoot 9mm then stick with the 11 and load up on Lage goodies.

As far as NIB goes, it's not a hundred year old collector piece, it's the most common MG out there. Stamped steel, crude and unsophisticated. Shoot it, you're not hurting the value that much. Also, because it's an MG, it's going to retain value because they ain't making no more for us lowly citizens...

AOK

I went and looked at the MAC10 again today it would be almost new condition if it weren't for the Police Departments electro penciled name on the side of the gun. How much does that effect value? The internals looked basically new.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I went and looked at the MAC10 again today it would be almost new condition if it weren't for the Police Departments electro penciled name on the side of the gun. How much does that effect value? The internals looked basically new.

IMHO,depending on which Department, it could actually INCREASE value
I'm sure others know more about PD marked MACs,but SOME guns from SOME Departments demand a crazy premium.

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a STEN MK5 with RHKP stamped on the butt stock. Stands for Royal Hong Kong Police Dept. Also has all the broad arrow marks and regimental marks from its WW2 military service. I like that kind of stuff. Like sniperdog said, if it was tastefully done and something interesting from a famous police dept I might pay more.

AOK

Police Dept. of Atlanta, GA, Think that would be good? It's an early Powder Springs Ingram.

AOK

They want $4000.00 for it, seems pretty fair.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
More than just a fair price, $4,000 is a good deal on a PS M-10.
Given the history of the "MAC" in GA, I like the engraving. I don't know that it adds any value, but I don't see it hurting.

rexifcam

UZI Talk Life Member
Everyone wants what they like. I have had 1 or 2 MAC style guns through my books and can tell you that in standard configuration, almost every M11 (I don't even know how many) that has come in has been there for broken welds, bent sheet metal (due to broken welds), broken parts due to weld failures. A handful of M10's have been here for repairs. Most M10's come in for UZI conversion, 9mm to 45 or 45 to 9mm. Just sayin is all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter