M11/9 with Lage Max11 MK2 (wow!)

tomk

Just tried out my new Max11 MK2 upper. I am admittedly "late to the party" with the M11 upper options. I'm a big Swedish K fan, like the Uzi (factory gun), and appreciate the smoothness of the MP40.

With all of that said, my reaction is "Wow!". What a great platform. This is a lot of fun. Now, I still like the other 3 due to historical value and better mags (Swedish K). But...based on my one evening testing this upper it may take the cake on maintaining sight picture and putting rounds on target. Good job developing this upper!

Coal-Cracker

I too am late to the party on Lage's offerings, despite owning an M11/9 since 2001.
Glad to hear youre enjoying yours!
I'm looking forward to the Brown truck delivering mine any day now.

Now, if I could only find some Shockwave 50s for it, I'd be set. :)

tomk

A drum is cool and all. I'm fortunate to have shot lots of drums with a Swed K. This Max11 is a handy size / weight combo. Drums are heavy and a bit awkward (for me anyways) unless shooting off a bench or rest. Based on this Max11 upper, I bet that the Lage drum upper is smooth as well.

RevolverJockey

I too am late to the party on Lage's offerings, despite owning an M11/9 since 2001.
Glad to hear youre enjoying yours!
I'm looking forward to the Brown truck delivering mine any day now.

Now, if I could only find some Shockwave 50s for it, I'd be set. :)
I have a few unused 50s. I don’t think they are out of production, or did you mean you were hoping to be walking down the sidewalk and spot a few on the ground. For what it is worth I don’t think I will ever use mine. I have 48 Z mags for the MK 2 and 12 Zmags S with 7 drums for the 31C. Somehow it never occurred to me to take the 50s to the range.

Coal-Cracker

I have a few unused 50s. I don’t think they are out of production, or did you mean you were hoping to be walking down the sidewalk and spot a few on the ground. For what it is worth I don’t think I will ever use mine. I have 48 Z mags for the MK 2 and 12 Zmags S with 7 drums for the 31C. Somehow it never occurred to me to take the 50s to the range.
Finding a couple of "sidewalk 50s" would be REALLY cool, but pretty unlikely. :)

I've been gradually building up my 30 round Zmag supply. Remembering all too well what it was like finding mags during the '94 AW Ban, I promised I would never be in that magazine situation again.

I can't find any 50s anywhere. It seems they are currently out of stock - at least until the next production run. I was hoping to grab a couple in the meantime, if for no other reason than 'just to have them.'

Edited to add:
I received the MAX-11 today and have already ran a couple mags through it. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but this upper has changed this little gun so much. I left the range with a perma-smile. :)

Last edited:

RevolverJockey

Finding a couple of "sidewalk 50s" would be REALLY cool, but pretty unlikely. :)

I've been gradually building up my 30 round Zmag supply. Remembering all too well what it was like finding mags during the '94 AW Ban, I promised I would never be in that magazine situation again.

I can't find any 50s anywhere. It seems they are currently out of stock - at least until the next production run. I was hoping to grab a couple in the meantime, if for no other reason than 'just to have them.'

Edited to add:
I received the MAX-11 today and have already ran a couple mags through it. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but this upper has changed this little gun so much. I left the range with a perma-smile. :)
Gotcha. I didn’t realize when I said that they were out of stock. I thinking shockwave kinda feels about the 50s like it did about the Suomi sticks - they weren’t a great seller as much as the standard Z mags so they sit on inventory for a while. I asked about having them make a batch of Suomi sticks for me to possibly resell and if I recall they said it took something like 2 years to sell the last batch and the minimum order QTY was like $35,000 for it to be worth their time to tool back up for a batch.

scottMO

Don’t forget about the 556 upper too. I’m really enjoying all my uppers for the Mac, 556, slow fire, 31C, 31K etc, as they all are differently fun

prdubi

I've been getting tons of offers from local NFA collectors for my M11 Lage setup and I've declined them all politely.

Last offers I got were
an MG08/15 and a wilson tubed MP40.

There is just no way to compete with the versatility of the SWD M11 with lage uppers.

It's a keeper.

Semper Guy

It’s funny how the Lage uppers have turned my lowly Mac into the first machine gun picked on range day.

Coal-Cracker

Just a heads up to anyone that might be interested: As of Sunday, Nov 12, Shockwave has 30 and 50 round mags in stock and on sale.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter