M11a1 .380 w/CFW-A price check

Q&A

Hey all…

What is a fair price for a very good condition small-frame A1 .380 with one mag, a near-new CFW-A bolt and a custom pistol upper (made by Sam at PS)?

All opinions appreciated, thanks.

ktk120

I just paid 8000 3 weeks ago for one bare gun no mags. It shows use. Another like new one from the same SOT sold to another member here for 8500. The market is way down so that is probably the price point that sells. Add some amount for the bolt/upper obviously but i still think easy sell on a form 3 is under 10k and it seems unless you can find a local buyer form 4 guns are not selling at all.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I just paid 8000 3 weeks ago for one bare gun no mags. It shows use. Another like new one from the same SOT sold to another member here for 8500. The market is way down so that is probably the price point that sells. Add some amount for the bolt/upper obviously but i still think easy sell on a form 3 is under 10k and it seems unless you can find a local buyer form 4 guns are not selling at all.
I actually agree with this but I think that dealer could’ve got a little bit more, if he wanted too. Seems like he wants to move his stuff, which is nice.
I think the market is down a little for some MG’s but some accessories are still getting really good prices. Heck, some accessories are getting crazy prices.

Sell the gun and you’ll make up a lot with selling the CFW-A bolt separately. I recommend selling it all separately to get the most out of the package.

Frankly, the entire MG market is all over the place. Looking at gunbroker will really make you scratch your head. Two same model guns, one guy will sell it for 30% more than another seller. No rhyme or reason to it, other than a measuring tape or a felt background.

Good luck!

GunsCarsPlanes

wth thats a great deal

When I was looking to buy they were 8k and going up what like 750.00 every year
Of course in the 8 months I had to wait they went from 8k-->11k
Now they are 8k

hahahah........my life I tell ya. I make myself feel better by browsing Ruben's site to see how much they go for there

Quicksand

Ive seen a few pretty beaten examples move in the 8000-9k region recently. A nice clean gun with low round count should get in the 11-13k range esp with cfw or lage parts added in.

That dealer seemed like he was clearing out inventory as I contemplated purchasing them as they were so cheap but I dont need a second one.

Homer

buying
are you willing to wait or want it now
selling
need to sell it today
need to sell it soon
sell it if I can get X for it
my wife said sell it so I want X+
honey I can't find a buyer

Q&A

Right. Just looking for a benchmark — and I think I found it. Thanks guys.

Q&A

Considering selling two identical pistols — in no rush.

Last edited:

Gaffshot

As in "pistol", you mean registered machine-gun, right? A machine gun is not a "pistol" but surely we aren't talking about a semi-auto here are we? Especially with a cfw.

Q&A

Transferable M11A1s set up in pistol configurations (as stated in the OP).

Juggar

I think the value of a mac380 is probably 11,500 to 12,000 currently. I have been watching them for awhile. Check out these RIA results:. Prices were consistent. https://www.rockislandauction.com/catalog/1045/class-iii/

Those RIA results are so weird, I was present during the last auction and tried to bid on many Macs and it was just insanity. The in person/ on the floor Texas bidders really ran up the prices. After 17.5% buyers premium , shipping and state sales tax, many people genuinely paid 14-15k for guns that were worth $10-11k. RIA auctions are ruined by local Texas bidders with more money than sense now.

When RIA was based in illinois this wasn't an issue, because no one local/in person could even buy these machine guns.

ktk120

I been watching this recent trend where in person auctions are selling way above even gunbroker (all guns not just MG). My theory is there are alot of guns that have not been widely available for a long time are coming to market as boomers pass away. At the same time many older folks who are not internet/forum savvy are still buying guns. That means they are seeing things they have not in a long time and have money and are running them up higher than those of us online know things can be had for. You can list thing on here for RIA auction prices and you will find they do not sell. Most everyone here has all the MAC they want and Midwest told me recently they are not even buying most MAC because they have so many and they are not selling. What are they "worth" and what will you get for them is now different. I stand by if you want to sell them it will be under 10. You can list them for more but you are competing with nearly every one on the market including form 3 and nobody takes a form 4 over a form 3 at same price. The bolt obviously changes the math some but there are not many people willing to pay much over what they were new for CFW bolts. A few people with more money than sense but not that many.

**Several recently on GB have closed with no bids at 10k starts. I could be wrong but I think it gets worse before it gets better. People are hurting and dont have money to enter this game in this economy. MAC are selling to new buyers not existing for most part

Last edited:

Slowmo

The bolt obviously changes the math some but there are not many people willing to pay much over what they were new for CFW bolts. A few people with more money than sense but not that many.
I disagree. At the prices they’ve been moving at recently, you could sell that bolt for 2-3 times what you paid for it in a matter of days, if not hours.

Grant435

Where are you guys finding these for $8k- $8500? The ones I see listed are usually 10-15k.

ktk120

A dealer on Strumghewer forum is where ours came from a few weeks ago. He sold about 10 macs of various flavors from 6500-8500 in range and they all sold but not until he lowered the prices to that range. My point is that people can ask whatever they want and 10k-15k asks are not selling. If you want to sell a mac right now the buyers are not there even 10k. I stand by I think the market dips even lower.

Juggar

A dealer on Strumghewer forum is where ours came from a few weeks ago. He sold about 10 macs of various flavors from 6500-8500 in range and they all sold but not until he lowered the prices to that range. My point is that people can ask whatever they want and 10k-15k asks are not selling. If you want to sell a mac right now the buyers are not there even 10k. I stand by I think the market dips even lower.
Plenty of Mac-10s recently sold on Gunbroker for $9500+, they are selling. Its all about the platform and legitimacy. Folks dont want to buy from some rando on a forum they probably dont even know about. Much less sent massive cashiers checks to people they've never even heard of.

There are plenty of Mac buyers at 10k, very clear between GunBroker and RIA. Most people wont risk dealing with randoms on a forum , especially not new MG buyers who will gladly overpay for peace of mind on their first purchase. Many Mac-10's sold for between $9500 and $11000 on Gunbroker over the past 2 weeks. Plus those people are paying sales tax on top of that. Its tax season refund time, people have money.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter