mac 10 .45 w/ lage upper is there a drum option?

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Ive been in the market for a Thompson for months now....ive passed on a few i should have grabbed and ive been getting frustrated w/ how they are all mismatch parts and their owners claim they are all original......finding a good Thompson is very difficult..

im basically looking for a .45 sub gun and drum....ive been looking more and more at Mac 10's w/ the Lage upper and being impressed.....cost is 1/4th or less what a thompson would be and i can find NIB Mac 10's to make the gun i want.

ive seen 9mm drums adapted to Mac 10 Lages, but i thought i saw a .45 drum somewhere but now cant find it.....

anyone own a Thompson and a Mac 10 w/ Lage.....compare the 2?

LawBob

Dscf3280cc.jpg

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-32627.html

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/technology/arms/ar15-m16/50rd_drum_7538.jpg.html
50rd_drum_7538.jpg

Bazooka brothers I think did these at one time

LawBob

This is from 2010:

Troy built them an used GG towers.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showt...-Reising-drums&p=461451&viewfull=1#post461451

GTHdrumset.jpg

50 rd Reising drums
I will have 10 drums available by the end of the month (or sooner) and will be starting another 20 right away.

Here's what these are: 50 round 45 drums that have the ability to change the feed towers to 4 different configurations, UZI, Grease Gun, Reising and M1A1 Thompson, (will do Ingram 6 in the future)

Price for the drums is $300.00 + 10.00 shipping and require you to trade in a mag for your tower choice. Example: If you want an UZI tower send me a 10 rd 45 mag, Grease gun tower send me a GG mag (blued preferred) Reising, send a 20rd mag (there are after market mags that are not as expensive as originals), ect, ect.

If you want additional towers they are $100.00 each and still require the trade in, (spare towers come with a new set of dummy rounds to fit the tower)

I do have mags available for towers in case you don't have one to trade but you will have to pay going rate for the mag + the drum or tower charge.

Terms are 50% deposit min and mag trade. but if you prepay I'll ship for free.

Guaranteed to run, or money back

I accept checks, M.O. CC. or paypal (add 3%)

Email me directly at: barrelxchange@aol.com to order.

Pics coming soon

Thanks

Troy

bender-bending

The drum sticking out of the grip on a Mac looks weird to me, and probably feels weird.
If I wanted to shoot drums I would rather have a m11/9(obviously not 45), or a Thompson because the drum is located in front of the grip, and looks more "correct". Just My opinion though.

LawBob

The drum sticking out of the grip on a Mac looks weird to me, and probably feels weird.
If I wanted to shoot drums I would rather have a m11/9(obviously not 45), or a Thompson because the drum is located in front of the grip, and looks more "correct". Just My opinion though.

I'd rather have a 50 round frankenmag than a drum as well. But, this is his option if he so chooses. No Max-31/45s out there yet...

bender-bending

Just curious, are there any plans or hints at doing a max 31 upper for the fat macs?

saxon

UZI Talk Supporter
didn't I see a thread way back about some one trying a ppsh41 drum?

forindooruseonly

Just curious, are there any plans or hints at doing a max 31 upper for the fat macs?

I'd be on that list in a heartbeat, but one can only dream.... Sadly, I don't think there is. I wonder if a Max 31 could be adapted with modifications to the upper only?

rhouston8

UZI Talk Life Member
You may be a redneck .....when your scope is longer than your barrel...

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
There were a few AMP 9mm Suomi drum uppers built for the M-10 platform. No longer in production.
I'm with LawBob. I've got several 50 round Frankenstein grease gun mags for my M-10/45 and they work great.

This is a 7.62x25 PPSh drum which has more internal room for the .45 acp bullet than the converted 9mm Suomi drums by Troy of Barrel Xchange.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 3,352

rhouston8

UZI Talk Life Member
My "Midget Monopod" M10/45 franken mags don't work worth a crap. I cant remember the make. They look great but run terrible. I havent used them in yrs. Maybe I bought the "wrong" types.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
I think the best are a pair of properly welded together USGI grease gun mags. Craig Wheatly made these ten or so years ago, and a few others like Bustoff sold great products like these Frankenmags.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter