MAC 10 carbine

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
I don't think it would work on a full auto... Those uppers are made for a closed bolt semi... The upper should fit but the bolt would be different... You could use a F/A bolt but then you are going to have problems making it fit the sidecocker...

Patriot

Stonycreek armory has them. I just ordered one for my open bolt semi. (It uses the same upper) Tell Jeff that Doug (the guy he's building the custom 9mm carbine upper for) told you to contact him. Good people. They'll work with you and if they don't have it, they can build it.

Patriot

chili17

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Their is no difference between full and semi uppers. Just the bolts. Fulls have a notch cut out on the front right for the sear to catch and hold the bolt open.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
chili17 said:
Their is no difference between full and semi uppers. Just the bolts. Fulls have a notch cut out on the front right for the sear to catch and hold the bolt open.

I agree except since these are custom side cockers. The bolts are semis and they said they don't have f/a bolts. If you put a standard f/a bolt in you would have to do some work to make it work with the new upper.... Don't think it would just drop in and work...

rocko

The side-cockers use an umodified bolt and work fine in semi and f/a. They just use a lug that sits in front of the bolt to retract it - nothing fancy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter