Mac 10 case?

lemonysword

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Club-Pre-Cut-Waterproof-Prevent/dp/B08HZHLM4K

I have a full auto 9mm MAC 10 and a MAC two stage suppressor in NFA jail right now. I want to get a case for it very very similar to the one listed above, however, I’d like it to have the capacity for both the suppressor and several mags, not just the one that the above case can hold. Anyone know of a case that can hold the can and multiple mags? Or the dimensions I’d need to buy a case to cut the foam out myself? Kinda hard to measure with neither available to me at this time….

lemonysword

I got that case as a pinch hit, it is ok but does not have a handle. I plan on a pelican case in the long run. Also see below.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?96022-Case-for-MAC-M10&highlight=mac+10+case

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even notice it didn't have a handle, what a shame, that totally ruins that case. What are the internal dimensions of it? I think a similarly sized case thats maybe 2-3" wider would be perfect for what I need. would 15x18 be big enough? I do not have the gun or suppressor in hand so it is very hard for me to judge what size case I'd need for all this stuff, and most of that thread is unfortunately people saying "I got random X case and it's great" rather than answering the OPs question.

Tinman45

Dude, it’s foam. Get a pelican case, some uncut styrofoam and an exacto knife. Design exactly what you want. Ten minute job. Way cheaper.

bayoutank

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even notice it didn't have a handle, what a shame, that totally ruins that case. What are the internal dimensions of it? I think a similarly sized case thats maybe 2-3" wider would be perfect for what I need. would 15x18 be big enough? I do not have the gun or suppressor in hand so it is very hard for me to judge what size case I'd need for all this stuff, and most of that thread is unfortunately people saying "I got random X case and it's great" rather than answering the OPs question.

mac10 case - 450x337.jpg

Here is a quick measurement picture, sorry for the quality but as many are aware this forum platform is image size restricted.

Fulliautomatix

Pelican im2700. Gives you two layers, for gun, suppressor, mags and accessories (like a Lage 10/31 upper and drum). Foam is pick & pull type.

Link showing features: https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/storm/im2700

Interior dimensions are: 22" × 17" × 8"

Pics:
Top layer
1emHEcr.jpeg

Lower layer
1JXv0yy.jpeg

Basically there's a 1" layer on the very bottom, then (3) 2" pick&pull layers, and then a 1" egg crate layer in the lid to make up the total 8" interior depth.

Uncle Billy

years ago I bought a NVG case (17"x11"x 6.5") for cheap, like 20 bucks, that I made it to carry my VECTOR V89 to and from the range. I utilized the top and bottom of the case for my MP5 drum, and MP5 mags. I used a piece of thin styrofoam, about half the width of the drum and cut out a circle for the drum and wrapped it in felt and used the foam from an old chair I had in my basement. the top styrofoam was already there, I just slotted it for the mags

NVG-CASE.jpg

Digital-Camera.jpg

Digital-Camera.jpg

Last edited:

lemonysword

I referenced the case in the Amazon link because I want to wind up with something like that, which is why the second half of my original post said, “Or the dimensions I’d need to buy a case to cut the foam out myself? Kinda hard to measure with neither available to me at this time….”

A double layer case wouldn’t be bad since I do want to pick up a lage #502 upper and a more rigid stock eventually, however I do not want to have an enormous case by the end of it which is part of the reason why I liked the one I linked quite a lot.

lemonysword

QUOTE=Member13;854366]I want to do one like this
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6710-wts-ingram-mac-10-briefcase-custom-foam-250/[/QUOTE]

That is awesome

View attachment 36980

Here is a quick measurement picture, sorry for the quality but as many are aware this forum platform is image size restricted.

Awesome man, thank you. Looks like if I got a case whose internal dimensions are somewhere around 10x16, it would be big enough to accommodate a few extra mags!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter