Mac 11 Hager Mod

bigjeepinyj

UZI Talk Supporter
I am looking at a Mac 11 with a "Hager Mod" I have never heard of this mod and was wondering what it was....

Gun is rough.....

Drew:heavy

John Matrix

Maybe "Lage"

Maybe "Lage". I think that's how its spelled. He does uppers for M11.

SC-Texas

If it is the one I just bought, the dealer said that it isn't a slow fire conversion.

In my case, it waqs converting an RPB MAC11A1 from .380 to 9mm and may have included the Sten Mag conversion.

I plan to convert it back to .380 and go from there.

SC-Texas

I just saw where yuou said the gun is roung. Did it habve a hooptie rail welded on where the rear sight was supposed to be? A side folding stock tack weleded to the back of the receiver?

SC-Texas

I don't know. The ad I was looking at clearly said that it was a HAGER modification w/ a Sten Mag conversion and a conversion from .380 to 9mm..

dino1

If it has had a sten conversion that's going to mean cutting off the magwell/pistol grip and welding on a new pistol grip.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
dino1 said:
If it has had a sten conversion that's going to mean cutting off the magwell/pistol grip and welding on a new pistol grip.

I am still up in the air about the conversion... When I bought my M11/9 I though about it... But after I shot it, I am sticking to the Zytels or I have some steel mags I have yet to try.... Evryone gripes how hard it is to load the stens.... But you can get a higher capacity....50 rounds out of a lancaster mag if you can find one... Or a weld up mag....But then you can weld up the steel macs....

ranger55

Brian Ski said:
I am still up in the air about the conversion... When I bought my M11/9 I though about it... But after I shot it, I am sticking to the Zytels or I have some steel mags I have yet to try.... Evryone gripes how hard it is to load the stens.... But you can get a higher capacity....50 rounds out of a lancaster mag if you can find one... Or a weld up mag....But then you can weld up the steel macs....

I am very happy with the sten conversion I had done on mine. And yes the mags are more trouble to load than most. Worse than the grease gun mags. And I have had to cull or tweak some but they run great when you get them set up and are cheap. Some guys have reported long like from the plastic mags but it was a concern for me.
I like lots of mags so I spend more time shooting than reloading mags when at the range.
just my 2 cents worth.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter