Mac SMG Close Calls?

freedom5

Anyone have any close calls with their Mac SMG? Ever had someone not lock the cocking handle back all the way and have a unexpected mag dumping?

johninocala

UZI Talk Supporter
Nope, I start them in semi. Then f/a. This is after I tell them this gun fires from the open bolt, the safety may or may not work, don't trust it. Hth, John.

Tyris

freedom5 said:
Anyone have any close calls with their Mac SMG? Ever had someone not lock the cocking handle back all the way and have a unexpected mag dumping?

I dont think that would work unless you were fully pulling the trigger as you cocked it.

If you short stroke the cocking knob, it wont strip a round off (though I've never tried it, but I dont think the bolt will be far back enough). Even if it did, as long as your finger was off the trigger, only 1 round would discharge.

There are some cases where some worn out internals will cause a run-away gun, which I've never seen in person. Far more common is the trip bounce, where the gun only shoots a burst then stops, and eventually goes single-shot only. Mine suffered from that, and it was cured when the gunsmith fixed it to run auto-only. No complaints though, a mac11 firing from an open bolt has abysmal semi-auto accuracy anyways.

-T

Garrett

Re: Re: Mac SMG Close Calls?

Tyris said:
If you short stroke the cocking knob, it wont strip a round off (though I've never tried it, but I dont think the bolt will be far back enough).
I have tried it. It is possible to pull the bolt back far enough to strip a round off of the magazine, but not catch on the sear.

SC-Texas

I have dropped the bolt while cocking and sent a round down range.

Don't ooint a firearm at something you do not want to kill.

Brian Ski

UZI Talk Life Member
freedom5 said:
Anyone have any close calls with their Mac SMG?

I have heard of people shooting holes in the strap....

OTOH... When the gun was new (m11/9 smg) on the 3rd mag the stock collapsed as I was firing, slipped over the shoulder as I was squeezing the trigger firing rounds into the air over my head... Hard to hold onto the gun at the same time of releasing the trigger!!!

beltfed

UZI Talk Supporter
close call

My wife almost found out I spent $200 bucks on some new parts for my mac when I just told her she can get that new floor in the bath room:D

Gun Shot

UZI Talk Supporter, FFL/C&R
My M10/.45 has a bullet hole in the strap, but I didn't put it there :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter