mag question

rchaisch

hey everyone,

i just made my first FA purchase, so the wait has just begun. i bought a texas mac10. i think it might be a SWD/texas mac, but not sure. i haven't seen the gun in a couple of weeks and have done a lot research since then.

anyways to my question,

i found some mags and 2 semi-auto M11/9's. there were about 10 or so mags and they came in banolier pouches. would M11/9 mags work in my M10/9? and are the mags that come with the semi-auto guns any different than the full auto mags?

i just want to cover my bases before i buy something i can't use.

SDubyaD

not too sure with the m11/9 mags working in the m10/9 but as for the difference in the smg and semi mags im almost possitive that they are the same

MPA guy

rchaisch said:
hey everyone,

i just made my first FA purchase, so the wait has just begun. i bought a texas mac10. i think it might be a SWD/texas mac, but not sure. i haven't seen the gun in a couple of weeks and have done a lot research since then.

anyways to my question,

i found some mags and 2 semi-auto M11/9's. there were about 10 or so mags and they came in banolier pouches. would M11/9 mags work in my M10/9? and are the mags that come with the semi-auto guns any different than the full auto mags?

i just want to cover my bases before i buy something i can't use.

It 100% depends on the magwell. A lot of mac's have been modified to accept different magazines due to the magwell being cut off and another type welded on.

And that's not taking into consideration that it may be a 45 magwell with a 9mm magwell adapter.

Some are Zytel mags, some are sten mags, some are uzi mags, etc etc etc.

Find out what kind of mag is coming with the gun before ordering anything. (I assume that you test fired it prior to purchasing so you know it runs with it)

If possible, take a couple of pics and post them here. There will be someone who will be able to ID the setup.

edit to add: if you take pics, take some showing the bottom of the magwell opening too ;)

Last edited:

rchaisch

ok so i checked out the M11/9's....

one is $459 and the other is $579. both have barrell extensions and short magazines. they are both SWD manufactured and i know the $579 one has several cobray markings, the other one was in pretty beat up shape.

the bandolier package is 3 mags and velcro pouch for $120 or $50 each. they are plastic, i think zytel?

frankly, i don't know much about m11 or their mags and i don't have any money since i just bought a mac10.

any opinions?

~48_South~

rchaisch said:
ok so i checked out the M11/9's....

one is $459 and the other is $579. both have barrell extensions and short magazines. they are both SWD manufactured and i know the $579 one has several cobray markings, the other one was in pretty beat up shape.

the bandolier package is 3 mags and velcro pouch for $120 or $50 each. they are plastic, i think zytel?

frankly, i don't know much about m11 or their mags and i don't have any money since i just bought a mac10.

any opinions?

Zytel mags work ok you will need to buy some steel feedlip kits from somewhere like usmachinegun.com,especially if you are gonna be running them in a smg they are about $9 for a single feed lip kit and $40 for 5 feed lip kits at USMG. Look on gunbroker for mags they can be found alot cheaper than 3 for 120 or $50 each hell you can find singles all day for 29.99.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
The SWD factory Zytels, (center magazine) have two mag catches. The one higher up on the magazine body is for the M11/9 and the lower catch is for the SWD completed Texas MACs. There is no difference between the semi auto mags and SMG magazines.

The magazine on the right is a converted Argentine PAM-2 mag offered by Jerry Prasser of Recon Ordnance. These mags can also be used in the M-10. Sometimes the "wrap" needs to be slightly filed at the base to ensure proper magazine lock up and height.

The magazine on the far left is a Lage converted Soumi mag for the MAX-11 double feed upper and has no bearing on your needs. The MAX-11 DF upper is not currently in production.
Image063-2.jpg

*EDITED TO ADD; Richard Lage sells metal feed lips for five bucks a set. I don't think they're needed unless you have worn lips or own a .380 gun... IMHO.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter