Max-10's new Moly

skunkape

I sprayed two Max-10/9mm today with Norrell Moly (semi gloss black) and I have to say I'm impressed with it so far.
CIMG2877.JPG
CIMG2878.JPG
CIMG2879.JPG

skunkape

medphys said:
Nice!

Was it difficult? How much prep work was involved?

It's not Difficult but it takes times. We sandblasted them the other day and it took us from 1:00 to 7:00 to coat 2 Max-10s, 2 Mac 10 lowers and 3 mags. 3 hours of that was just waiting for parts to cure. We took our time and they came out a lot better than the pics show. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow in better light.

skunkape

nayo said:
looks good skunkape

Thanks for all your help bro! Without all your convincing and advice I don't know if I would have tried it. I was going to wait to have pictures in better light before I emailed them to you.

captshiess

UZI Talk Supporter
Wow! That looks incredible! I really want to have mine done the same way, but I don't have the time or place (I'm in a condo with no garage) to do it myself. I wonder how much it would cost to have mine done to look that good. let us know how it holds up.

USSarizona

Looks nice Skunkape.

Is that a C-More you have on there? Also, can you get a quick detach throw lever for that optic? One more question... how did you get a left handed Lage?

skunkape

USSarizona said:
Looks nice Skunkape.

Is that a C-More you have on there? Also, can you get a quick detach throw lever for that optic? One more question... how did you get a left handed Lage?

Yes it's a C-More and I really like it but I don't know about the quick detach. I started talking to Richard about building my upper left handed long before he built the first batch. I love the upper but it's been a real pain in Richards ass so I doubt he would do it again. Because the cocking handle is on the front of the bolt weights it's bounced up and down and messed up the sheet metal a few times. After several repairs it now has the non-reciprocating handle and seems to of solved the problem.

nayo

FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
skunkape said:
Thanks for all your help bro! Without all your convincing and advice I don't know if I would have tried it. I was going to wait to have pictures in better light before I emailed them to you.

Anytime bro so where is the pix of it with the fifty rounder

MPA guy

Looks good SkunkApe. The Moly will hold up quite well. It's not death ray resistant, but it holds up pretty good to my fat thumbs and clumsy hands.:gym

And I like the black better than the Grey Park.

Other than being a little time consuming, what did you think about applying it? I find that it's easier than duracoat.

skunkape

macaholic said:
Where is the mud flap? I don't see the mud flap!

You crack me up. I only use it for the match. If your not trying to shoot a lot of targets fast the gassing isn't bad so I don't need it.

skunkape

MPA guy said:
Other than being a little time consuming, what did you think about applying it? I find that it's easier than duracoat.

It was as easy as everyone(including you) said it would be. The only problem we had was a leak in the gun that left my hands stuck together.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Skunkape,
I remember you saying that the lefty conversion had problems. I like the reinforced cocking handle slot. Did that solve the problem? Who gets the credit for that correction?

skunkape

strobro32 said:
Skunkape,
I remember you saying that the lefty conversion had problems. I like the reinforced cocking handle slot. Did that solve the problem? Who gets the credit for that correction?

Richard did the handle. It's not attached to the bolt so it stays forward while firing. It seems to have solved the problem but it's hard to know for sure until I shoot the hell out of it. I'll keep you posted.

MPA guy

I thought a non reciprocating cocking knob would've been better all around anyway whether it's for a right or wrong handed gun.

I'm not sure why all of his aren't that way.

The reinforcement looks like a masterpiece. (literally)

FWIW, their side cockers are non reciprocating too. Or at least my 45 sidecocker is.

I really like that mag.

skunkape

MPA guy said:
I thought a non reciprocating cocking knob would've been better all around anyway whether it's for a right or wrong handed gun.

:buttkick

When Richard ordered the part he told me it was the same part used for side cocking uppers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter