Max-31A vs Max-31k vs Max-31C

Ericoak

I have a Max-31A for my m11a1. I got the full size because I had heard there were concerns about being able to reach the VG with a drum but as soon as I got it I realized my arms are long enough for that not to be a problem.

I also realized that with the Zhukov stock, I need to extend the stock about 2 inches to get the right length of pull, which negates the main advantage of the M11a1 of having a shorter backend. I figured I would be better off getting a Max-31C because it would be the same length but I would add a couple of inches of travel to the bolt compared to the Max-31k.

Reading some previous threads though, it seems like the Max-31C has a spacer so it can use the same bolt as the Max-31k. Am I understanding that correctly?

Anyone who has shot both have a preference between the Max-31k and Max-31C?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
Reading some previous threads though, it seems like the Max-31C has a spacer so it can use the same bolt as the Max-31k. Am I understanding that correctly?

Anyone who has shot both have a preference between the Max-31k and Max-31C?
I‘ve shot the 31k & 31c literally at the same time.

Correct the 31c has a 2” hard plastic spacer so the stroke is the same is the 31k.

The guide rod and ejector is longer on the 31c vs 31k.

K & C
IMG_1492.jpeg

Dual weild. The C was a touch faster as I was using additional spacers speeding it up to 850 unsuppressed.

Last edited:

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
I like the C a bit more than the K due to length of pull.
I wouldn’t want an A as I prefer compact in the front end.

All my rifles are SBRs and my only 12gauge has a 7” barrel… so obviously I went for the shorter 31c

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter