MCX Stock adapter for the M11/ M11A1 (Norse-Forge)

ZeroCool

UZI Talk Supporter
Would anyone be interested in this? It could be coupled with any folding Sig stock that folds to the left. For those of you who wish to fire in the folded position. It also would mesh up well with the M11 variants receivers.

2gwvvdi.jpg

jkacg1

UZI Talk Supporter
Would anyone be interested in this? It could be coupled with any folding Sig stock that folds to the left. For those of you who wish to fire in the folded position. It also would mesh up well with the M11 variants receivers.

2gwvvdi.jpg

Definitely!

telero

Would anyone be interested in this? It could be coupled with any folding Sig stock that folds to the left.

Have ordered the Zhukov adapter, but always up for more options. This would definitely be good for the standard ejection port uppers.

Also, sent you a PM about the Zhukov adapter.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
Would the latch bars be made out of aluminum? I don't think that would be durable enough.

sigstroker

I'm interested because of the mounting options on the Pic rail. I have an MCX and MPX, I like that stock.

If you decide to make it, don't use a cheap aluminum extrusion for the Pic rail, The clamping pieces on the SIG stock are steel, and will chew up cheap aluminum. On SIGs, the Pic segment is part of the forged aluminum receiver.

ZeroCool

UZI Talk Supporter
I'm interested because of the mounting options on the Pic rail. I have an MCX and MPX, I like that stock.

If you decide to make it, don't use a cheap aluminum extrusion for the Pic rail, The clamping pieces on the SIG stock are steel, and will chew up cheap aluminum. On SIGs, the Pic segment is part of the forged aluminum receiver.

Noted, I was considering that, just figured 7075 T6 hard coat anodized aluminum would suffice if you just took your time swapping/ mounting your stocks. If I tap the adapter for use with a steel 4 slot pic section, it would drive the price near where the other offerings I have are priced at. Just depends on how much it's going to cost me to source steel 4 slot oic aectionsfor use in this application.

sigstroker

7075 is billet, no? I was talking about the crappy extrusions I've seen on cheap rails. I've deformed them just by tightening steel rings on them.

LawBob

7075 is billet, no? I was talking about the crappy extrusions I've seen on cheap rails. I've deformed them just by tightening steel rings on them.

O. 6061 and 7075 are types of aluminum (the material)

Forged cast and billet are part of the process of making the part.

“Forged aluminum generally refers to material that is 'forged' into a specified shape. ... Metallurgists agree that a forged piece of aluminum is stronger than cast or billet. The reason being, when the material is shaped under pressure, its 'grain' follows the same shape as the part.”

Billets May be cast or forged i suppose but I think generally the billet is forged and then from that solid piece they cnc or mill it.

A cast lower is molded to loose shape and then milled or cnc to finish

Generally:

Forged > billet > cast

7075>6061

Here’s a good article and I may be slightly wrong above so please read below.
https://www.ammoland.com/2014/08/ar...t-vs-billet-vs-forged-aluminum/#axzz5rR9r7eGd

LawBob

Mims is another process like micro casting the near finished part. Taurus does this a lot for small parts. The rail inserts on a diamondback (9mm/.380) lower are mims and aren’t as strong as say the stamped metal on glocks and other plastic guns.

I have an old Bauer .25 that is a baby browning copy. It’s oretty close but the slides were cast and machined and aren’t near as strong or with the quality as a browning.

ZeroCool

UZI Talk Supporter
As far as the prongs are concerned, I don't see it being any less sturdy than any other aluminum buffer tube adapter out there utilizing a pronged design. People have been mounting pretty heavy stocks on those and even used them to house buffers/ springs for the recoil mechanisms on conversion uppers. With that being said, this adapter wouldn't be used to house any sort of recoiling mechanism so I personally don't see it being an issue at all. However, If I could have it my way completely, I'd have a tapped hole for a mounting bolt at the top of the adapter that would allow you to run a bolt through the rear sight to add an additional mounting point. It would be really secure then, but unfortunately, this would interfere with most of the Lage uppers, which wouldn't be worth the compromise.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter