Might have to sell

cockednlocked45

UZI Talk Supporter
What are people getting for their m11/9's? I'm not sure what to ask for mine. I dont want it to sit, but I'd like it to sell fairly quickly. A lot if unceartinty with all that's going on.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
On a form 4 - $7,000 sell in 1-2 weeks, $7500 sell in 3-6 weeks. If it’s worn looking a bit less

Probably the only good selling subgun out there right now

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
On a form 4 - $7,000 sell in 1-2 weeks, $7500 sell in 3-6 weeks. If it’s worn looking a bit less

Probably the only good selling subgun out there right now

Man when someone is selling an NFA ITEM your first to reply!!!!! You should be a “NFAologist”!!!!

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I would guess $6500ish on account of the economy.
Something else to consider is the ChiNAH virus and lord only knows what the transfer times will be. That might sway some people away, especially out of stage buyers.
If you can, I would wait post Virus to sell. Maybe go ahead and get it on a form 3 that will help you sell it faster.
Just my opinion

Good luck.

komodoj

UZI Talk Life Member
I watch the market, know prices and like to help. M11/9 is easy as they sell weekly

Right!!! I forgot you must be a dealer and have a lot of affiliations with various NFA companies.

DDA3579-F-DD3-E-4926-A55-F-EF505-F27-FC11.jpg

20-C7-FE59-5-EA9-4-B36-B2-BD-957-ADD6-FCF3-C.jpg

A303478-F-85-DB-4734-935-E-9-E578-EBC9568.jpg

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
I watch the market, know prices and like to help. M11/9 is easy as they sell weekly

That is another incorrect statement by BRNIB. There are soo Many factors now. Today, money is tighter,people are losing jobs,
guns and ammo are flying off shelves.....so what you are saying is guesswork, sheer unadulterated guesswork. You are a dealer??? No FFL? Thats against the Federal Laws.

LawBob

I heard an m11/9 is going to be worth more than an Uzi

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Might want to try armslist and sell local in WI.

List it here for $6500 and it should sell in 1-2 days

I’m not seeing gun prices dropping yet in the semi market. They are sky rocketing locally . The m11/9 is the most popular FA out there. I’ll bet lots of FA prices will be dropping, but I wouldn’t drop $1 less off a m11/9 right now. Plenty of people w money still

Last edited:

Haris1

UZI Talk Life Member
List it here for $6500 and it should sell in 1-2 days . Plenty of people w money still

l

BRNIB:: What Happened to you telling CockednLocked45 that he could get $7k in a week at 9am and now list for $6500 and it sells in a
week? Did it depreciate today by $500. You give DANGEROUS advice. And now you say Plenty of people w money....How did you come by this knowledge???

bigj480

UZI Talk Life Member
IDK why people get upset at differing opinions. Take them as opinions that can be wrong, no big deal. Prices will dip right now and/or sales will slow. No one can tell you for sure what you could sell for in X number of weeks. If I wanted to sell now, I would list for $500-750 less than the average rate before all this. ymmv ofc

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
YMMV, a good rule of thumb:

Price on dearlernfa - ~15%-~20% will get you in the ballpark
I just looked for ya: ($8495 ---> $6796...$7220)

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
Battering ram is a good dude. I think he is right on his prices. However, advice on here is only worth what you paid for it. Do your due diligence. Dealers sell for a bit more than you will get as an individual. Hold it till this Covid scare is over, And you will likely do better...

evo911

So they are worth that much less than what dealers sell for? How does that make any sense?

Offmarksman

UZI Talk Life Member
The same way used cars sell for more at a dealer than if you sell it yourself...

Last edited:

bigj480

UZI Talk Life Member
Even more so with MGs. There is a huge trust issue when sending thousands of dollars, often sight unseen. Also, form 3 vs form 4, return policy and dealers doing it for a living can make things smoother. I don't know about the numbers themselves, but I would expect a considerable difference. If they were about the same price, people would just opt for a dealer purchase. Why wouldn't they? Do dealers tend to be open to bargaining a few hundred off?

Last edited:

cjsoccer3

In my opinion, the stock market is down only about 20% from its peak. Machine guns are much less volatile and outperform the market, even. If you sell an $8,500 gun for $6,500 you are nearly throwing it away. Why not hold onto it until you actually need the money rather than lock in a loss? By low sell high. To each their own, but it looks like are making an emotional sale rather than a logical one.

To be forthright, a US dollar is a much more risky asset than a machine gun. Its been backed by nothing but the “faith” of Uncle Sam. The same guy about to crank out $4.5T in stimulus, after $T in tax cut debt, which came after the 08 stimulus that was never paid back.

The dollar is going to be worthless when Uncle Sam goes into default, then they can’t keep borrowing to pay for fake promises (like social security), which makes a bigger mess. Then inflation goes flying because the Fed will have no balance sheet (because it’s the treasury that funds them).

This Sunday there was not even ONE plain Jane new Glock 19 Gen 5 on gunbroker. That’s telling.

LawBob

In my opinion, the stock market is down only about 20% from its peak. Machine guns are much less volatile and outperform the market, even. If you sell an $8,500 gun for $6,500 you are nearly throwing it away. Why not hold onto it until you actually need the money rather than lock in a loss? By low sell high. To each their own, but it looks like are making an emotional sale rather than a logical one.

To be forthright, a US dollar is a much more risky asset than a machine gun. Its been backed by nothing but the “faith” of Uncle Sam. The same guy about to crank out $4.5T in stimulus, after $T in tax cut debt, which came after the 08 stimulus that was never paid back.

The dollar is going to be worthless when Uncle Sam goes into default, then they can’t keep borrowing to pay for fake promises (like social security), which makes a bigger mess. Then inflation goes flying because the Fed will have no balance sheet (because it’s the treasury that funds them).

This Sunday there was not even ONE plain Jane new Glock 19 Gen 5 on gunbroker. That’s telling.

Maybe he needs to

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
In the semi market. Even higher end collector handguns ==the prices are up right now. Ammo is double +. Of the couple collector handguns I keep track of the prices appear up 10-15% in the past 2 weeks. My local dealer cleared their shelves and they are the most expensive dealer I know of. There was a line to get in last time I visited

Not enough FA sell as most prices are 10-100% too high from people not accepting the market drop from 2 years ago. I see no evidence the FA market is down or up yet

The market price for a nice m11/9 has been $7500 for years. The price you ask $6500,7000,7500 will sell eventually. It just depends on how long you wish to wait. $6500 1-2 days, $7000 1-2 weeks, $7500 1-2 months. The only neg on your m11/9 is the form 4. The last 2 I dealt with recently took 4 months to get to the dealer. Making a transfer 14 months total. Not a good selling point

Last edited:

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
It's not a big deal if someone posts it a little high and brings it down in a week or two. I haven't seen a lot sell but I'd guess for a typical OEM 11/9 about 7,500 is the fair price. Spiwak is listing his 11/9 for over $8,500 so I'd say that's a sell it now price in fact. You never know till you post it and see what people do.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter