My Addiction Continues (Alternately entitled, my new SAR)

RM308

Guys;

Unlike so many other things in my life, my Galil addiction is working out great! My wife loves them, I love them, she loves that I love them. (The secret is to start your marraige out by not coming home at night, drinking, carrousing, etc. Then when she gives you "the ultimatum", tell her "Please honey, you have to let me have ....just...one...bad...habit." Bam, right there I got her to agree to it.)

Anyhow, I have a gunsmith friend of mine who had built me a few "perfect" AKs earlier, so I asked him if he'd like to build me a couple Galils? He said "sure, I've built quite a few milled AKs." Anyhow, he just completed the last one. Everything I have got from him has been just excellent work, and this is not an exception to that. It's a real SAR, not an "AR cut the barrel down version".

Anyhow, here's a few pictures (quality bad):

206_1225.jpg

I have not shot it yet, since I had to leave town on business this week.

206_1228.jpg

But the other two he built shoot perfect, so I suspect this one will also.

206_1226.jpg

So, I asked my smith, do you want me to brag about your work to everyone and give out your name. He said "NO, I can't stand my phone ringing off the hook!"

I'll post better pics when I am back home and use a real camera in good lighting.

RM308

Last edited:

RM308

And I want to add this. It just feels almost perfect. Don't get me wrong, the big ARMs and ARs are great, but this just feels like it has that great, perfect balance. Can't wait to shoot it some.

It took my builder a year to build all 3, the ARM, the Micro and this last SAR, between his "day job building stamped and milled AKs". He says he wants one for himself now. Another one almost converted.

A question, opinions wanted. Should I change the buttstock to a gen. 2 composite model?

RM308

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
"Mazal Tov" Good Luck with your new acquisition RM308!!!

She looks gorgeous and I like the addition of the improved grip.

mossad 1

UZI Talk Supporter
get the correct hider on there, like in s.b.r. then its all done.with all those long hider's i always seem to see.I know its easier to go the long hider route.and not s.b.r. it,

when i had my AMD-65 done,i went the full route.just like my s.a.r. clone.

your rifle looks nice. it just needs that final touch.

at the last show i had my AMD-65 on display.everyone assumed it was the real deal. with all the markings and finish,and correct hider.and hungarian rec.some even remarked on the wood grip's.{ they liked them better then the plastic}
a few guys had the century redo's. AMD'S they did not come close.and barrel front end and long hider was a dead giveaway,let alone the finish and marking.> they make good shooter's.<when they want to play Richard Crenna in "Rambo 3" "Afghanistan"

one guy had a Galil there.it was pretty nice with the long hider,he mentioned he did not want to spend the extra to have it correct.{ to each his own}
and i guess when he's ready to sell it, he can move it quicker.

my AMD is going no place.and folk's who s.b.r. there stuff normally keep it awhile longer then most.

so the next pics we see. can we call it Shorty?

best regards Mossad 1

p.s. in the world of so many guns'.you have to do it right.

RM308

Originally posted by mossad 1

get the correct hider on there, like in s.b.r.

I have the correct flash hider for "later".

RM308

cuate

A Real Beauty

All I can say is WOW ! First OD one I have seen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter