my early SA r4 galil parts collection for build so far. let me know your thoughts

32kcolg

ive been collecting parts for an early r4 build for over a year now and i believe im almost finished minus a 223 cnc receiver w scope rail cut that i have to still purchase what still do i need to finish my early r4 clone?

i forgot to include one of my virgin 18 in imi 1-7 twist chrome lined barrels. But I have those covered :)

I have more than one of some of the parts. So which of them would be more correct such as the black or gray pg or the hooked or standard butt stock? Also what's the origin of the arm gas block? And would a smooth or humped trigger guard be correct?

also if anyone is interested ill be getting rid of the lighter colored wood hg (far from perfect but a good place to start for a rare example) as i now have acquired the other one.

I also added a pic of an original mag catch/trigger guard assembly along w a don vitto repo.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_3794_zpsxtezmjab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

mrf2

Your parts are good to go, the flat stock and ribbed trigger guard are correct. Your gas block is IMI and is correct for an early R4. The later type had a reinforced sling loop. The ARM gas tube (no lip) is correct, but the R4 (with lip) is certainly possible.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter