New 5.0" STEN barrel

CKxx

5.0 STEN barrel

This is a new item from KAK. They look good in person, fit the gun well, and achieve the desired result of minimal handguard gap to silencer.

Last edited:

CKxx

FRja2q.jpg
VTMkIP.jpg
3jdCQj.jpg

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
Looks good.
I’m going to try and form 1 an integral can. I’d like to get some machinist drawings for one of the OG cans for the MK II.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
CKxx, Where did you get the can wrapper? I have a Form 1 suppressor for my STEN and would like to get something better than the junky one that I got from IMA made in India and the eyelets are pulling out.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
CKxx, Where did you get the can wrapper? I have a Form 1 suppressor for my STEN and would like to get something better than the junky one that I got from IMA made in India and the eyelets are pulling out.
I’ve got an original integral Sten suppressor cover. It even has asbestos on the inside, for heat shielding. I seen someone selling them a year or two ago without the asbestos and they looked like real ones (non reproduction) and were aged.

Found it! Sold out though.

Last edited:

CKxx

Mine is also a repro. I found it years ago on GB.

skoda

UZI Talk Life Member
I’ve got an original integral Sten suppressor cover. It even has asbestos on the inside, for heat shielding. I seen someone selling them a year or two ago without the asbestos and they looked like real ones (non reproduction) and were aged.

Found it! Sold out though.

Dang, that was a good find. I'm thinking of getting a sewing person to make me one with better materials. The one I got from IMA is crap.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
I have a few pages of blueprints. I'll try to host them.
If you’ve got any prints for the Third model, it would be greatly appreciated. Any of the MKII (S) suppressor variants would be nice to see.

I’ve found some machinist drawing for the third model; unfortunately, they don’t show any measurements.

CKxx

Looks good.

Does the short barrel affect the ROF or the reliability?
Good question. I popped off a few 25yd shots on semi just to hear it. I'll try it out this week and see if the ROF changes between barrels.

strobro32

UZI Talk Life Member
If you post videos of at least 10 shot bursts, I can get the ROF.

CKxx

I was unable to get some video yesterday at the range. I usually shoot my own subsonic ammo, but I ran out, so I brought some flavor of off-the-shelf 124gr. The recoil felt excessive (as though the bolt was impacting the cap) so I stopped. I'll have to try again next week.

hacker

I shot 8 mags through mine today with zero malfunctions. It did not seem to affect ROF or sound level. It just looks better and is shorter, both good things.

The suppressor is so close to the barrel shroud there is not enough room for my sling to attach to the shroud. So I used a small key ring in the shroud to attach the sling.

The alignment rod showed good alignment before I shot it and it was accurate with the suppressor attached. This barrel should not be shot without a suppressor if you want to keep all of your fingers.

It fed 124, 147 and 158 grain rounds in both round nose and truncated nose. Highly recommend.P1020084resize.jpg

Last edited:

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter