New parts for old guns ideas needed.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I have an opportunity to start manufacturing parts for machine guns and semiautomatic guns. I am interested in what parts you guys need or would be interested in.

MK 760 bolts
MK 760 Extractors
Uzi 45 bolts
Uzi Full size/Mini/Micro semi bolts
Uzi full and Semi sears
FNC parts

Please list items that you are looking for a supply on. Your help is greatly appreciated.

This will be a long process getting this started but I am excited about it.

Last edited:

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
Congrats on this awesome opportunity!! I’d respectfully ask that you consider rare or new Mac parts. There are lots of cool things being developed for MACs right now and with things like Tenco & UltiMac there will continue to be lots of interest in the platform- some parts are getting scarce and there is still lots of room to innovate further. Definitely start with the scarce stuff!

ericthered

UZI Talk Supporter
Awesomeness! We definetaly need more semi uzi bolts out there. Not only for full size but also for mini and micro. Sears would be good to.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
Congrats on this awesome opportunity!! I’d respectfully ask that you consider rare or new Mac parts. There are lots of cool things being developed for MACs right now and with things like Tenco & UltiMac there will continue to be lots of interest in the platform- some parts are getting scarce and there is still lots of room to innovate further. Definitely start with the scarce stuff!

What parts are considered Rare and Scarce on the Mac? This is what I want to do.

rybread

UZI Talk Life Member,
What parts are considered Rare and Scarce on the Mac? This is what I want to do.

I’ve heard some of the semi parts are but maybe that was temporary? I think someone else is already at work on a closed bolt setup. You’re onto the right stuff!

APEXgunparts

Replacement parts for the MP-40.
Ejectors, extractors, firing pins, cocking handles, that captive recoil system, resting bar, parts to tighten up that folding stock (#32 & #33)...

partlist1-17.jpg

partlist19-41.jpg

partlist42-54.jpg

Make enough so that I can stock them at APEX.

Richard

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
I like what I am seeing. Keep them coming I need a good list. I have a meeting next month to discuss the product line. I am even thinking 4 position m16 trigger groups. Looking for Things that will sell but haven’t seen in years.

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I would have a nice long chat with Richard from Apex about what people want that he doesnt have stock on. Talk to IMA, and maybe Sarco too.

fortyfive1911a1

Robinson Armament M96 parts would be awesome. Bolts, firing pins, etc.
With only 2500-3000 being made I’m not sure it would be worth it from a business standpoint, though. But, if you made it I would buy!!!!

mattnh

UZI Talk Life Member
Robinson Armament M96 parts would be awesome. Bolts, firing pins, etc.
With only 2500-3000 being made I’m not sure it would be worth it from a business standpoint, though. But, if you made it I would buy!!!!

Didn’t they recently announce that they were building another batch of guns?

Kramer

Didn’t they recently announce that they were building another batch of guns?

Yeah apparently they are being assembled from original parts that have been in storage since they stopped selling the rifles.

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
J8jg4AK.png
[/IMG]

What about the AC556 select fire parts? There is one that apparently gets damaged if reassembly of the receiver and stock is done incorrectly and the fact that these often disappear from dewat parts kits seems to verify this.

Last edited:

fortyfive1911a1

Yeah apparently they are being assembled from original parts that have been in storage since they stopped selling the rifles.

Yep, they’re going to build approximately 100 from left over parts. I suspect this will equal even less parts available unless they start manufacturing some of the key parts again as spares (hopeful but not holding my breath).

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
What about the AC556 select fire parts? There is one that apparently gets damaged if reassembly of the receiver and stock is done incorrectly and the fact that these often disappear from dewat parts kits seems to verify this.

Yes that one needs to be on the list also.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
What I want to do is get a big list together. Then get practical on prices. Small batches will cost more on some things that is certain. I want to do some simple things also like steel trigger guards for Remington shotguns. I really hope this comes together. The guy I am working with is already making parts for the SPAS 12. We discussed several thing that are near impossible to get and we decided heck let’s get a list and see were it goes. So I greatly appreciate the suggestions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter