omega 760?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I got a complete parts set, with an original receiver tube. It is an omega O760. Still in the white, feels like a piece of crap to be honest but looks very cool and I intend to build it up into a S&W 76 clone with the light gray park finish, glossy pistol grip etc. my question is, are the omega guns just rebranded “Special weapons 760s”? Do they take sten mags?

I read in Frank Ianomico’s S&W 76 book that the special weapons 760 takes sten mags, but I’ve seen photos of the special weapons 760 with suomi magazines in it, likely modified. I’ll have to bring a sten mag to the shop and shove it in there and see if it works.

Does anyone have any more info about the omega 760 guns? Did they make it onto the market? Seems like the guy I got this kit from has a handful of original incomplete Omega 760 carbine kits, all in the white except for the lower receivers which are black painted or powder coated.

i searched and searched but I was unable to come up with a photo of a completed “omega O760” firearm. I can find black painted Special weapons 760s, but nothing “omega”.

pjm204

I would be interested in his contact info if he's looking to sell another kit. Oh and pictures please :)

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I would be interested in his contact info if he's looking to sell another kit. Oh and pictures please :)
I just got it welded up yesterday, it’s a work in progress, should be pretty damn cool. when it’s complete I’m gonna post some pics of the whole process from start to finish.

pjm204

I just got it welded up yesterday, it’s a work in progress, should be pretty damn cool. when it’s complete I’m gonna post some pics of the whole process from start to finish.
I take it that means the seller is not looking to sell any more kits?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
I take it that means the seller is not looking to sell any more kits?
Unfortunately I don’t think so. He had 2 kits for sale about a year ago, then I stumbled across the 2 kits he had recently and they have both sold. He may have more parts laying around but it seems like it takes him a while to piece together a full kit. Mind you they are also demilled, it was a single cut down the center of the tube and it had to be rewelded.

pjm204

Unfortunately I don’t think so. He had 2 kits for sale about a year ago, then I stumbled across the 2 kits he had recently and they have both sold. He may have more parts laying around but it seems like it takes him a while to piece together a full kit. Mind you they are also demilled, it was a single cut down the center of the tube and it had to be rewelded.
Thanks, I was hoping he had a whole cache of them. Look forward to seeing yours!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter