Omega O-760 build

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
So I was selling some parts as a consignment deal for a buddy of mine recently and there were a few 760 pieces in the box. I ended up having to do a little research to identify a part and down the SW 76 rabbit hole I went.

About a year ago I had missed out on an omega 760 parts set and kicked myself for not having grabbed it… so when I stumbled across the same seller with another kit, I knew I couldn’t pass it up this time.

I studied the photos carefully and compared them with grainy old S&W schematics to ensure all bits and pieces were included. When I was satisfied that I wasn’t getting stuck with an expensive pile of paper weights, I purchased it…. Of course the seller still managed to leave out some of the most important pins and springs, and ghosted when I inquired about it… so I had to improvise.

Mind you, the barrel is not installed in these photos. I think the 16” barrel is an eyesore and I am actively looking for one of the rare full length barrel shrouds. I am considering making one from a similar Uzi 16” perforated shroud and a spare 760 barrel nut.

Anyway, without further ado. I present the OMEGA O-760 parts set build

IMG_2023.png
IMG_2025.png
IMG_2027.png
IMG_2028.png
IMG_2030.png
IMG_2033.jpeg
IMG_2034.jpeg
IMG_2031.jpeg
IMG_2037.jpeg

omegals

Good Evening,

Your finished project looks awesome!

I recently purchased an omega parts kit, just like the one that you have, probable from the same vendor by the looks of your kit photo.
I am having the same problem and my kit does not have all of the parts and the vendor wont answer me.

I'm working on getting mine back together but I believe that it is missing a spring or something to hold the trigger bar up and contact the sear. Its also missing the ejector, and safety/fire selector detents. Additionally something seems off about the magazine latch but I'm not sure. I'm curious if that was your issues and how you solved them.

If you could please send me some photos of how the trigger assembly works and its parts I would be VERY grateful as searching the web for such information has not been very fruitful. Photos of the ejector and mag release mechanism would also be helpful. A few measurements such as the bolt handle opening length would be helpful to verify I am rebuilding it correctly.

I know I'm asking a lot so thank you in advance.

I hope to hear back,
Levi

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Good Evening,

I recently purchased an omega parts kit, just like the one that you have, probable from the same vendor by the looks of your kit photo.
I am having the same problem and my kit does not have all of the parts and the vendor wont answer me.

I'm working on getting mine back together but I believe that it is missing a spring or something to hold the trigger bar up and contact the sear. Its also missing the ejector, and safety/fire selector detents. Additionally something seems off about the magazine latch but I'm not sure. I'm curious if that was your issues and how you solved them.

If you could please send me some photos of how the trigger assembly works and its parts I would be VERY grateful as searching the web for such information has not been very fruitful. Photos of the ejector and mag release mechanism would also be helpful. A few measurements such as the bolt handle opening length would be helpful to verify I am rebuilding it correctly.

I hope to hear back,
Levi

The seller offers 2 different kits… one that is lower priced and has the cut tube with none of the weldments welded onto it yet (magwell, trunnion, grip lug, sights etc) and then another one that is more expensive but the cut tube has all the weldments welded in place already. I went with the welded up tube because I didn’t know exactly where those components were supposed to go, so I had no choice but to get the one that was already welded.

The trigger bar rests on top of the safety selector switch inside of the trigger housing. Tomorrow I will post some pictures of the FCG.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Good Evening,

I hope to hear back,
Levi
Hope these pics are of some use to you. Before I took the plunge and purchased the kit I was searching high and low for schematics and literature to figure out if all the parts were present and if it was gonna be an easy build.

I couldn’t really find much online except for old grainy SW manual scans. I purchased the SW 76 book by Frank Iannamico and it’s a wealth of knowledge about these guns. There are diagrams, schematics, photos, everything you need to understand the function of the 760.

Keep in mind the book focuses mostly on the SMG, but the fire control group in the semi auto is the same exact thing as the SMG with the exception of the safety switch being cut slightly different on the SMG for select fire.

The trigger bar doesn’t have a separate coil spring, it uses the leaf spring that is built into the trigger housing and works off the the sear spring when the gun is fired. There are 2 leaf springs attached to the inside of the trigger housing, one of them is the trigger spring, and then the one above that is for the trigger bar. You can see what I’m talking about in the 3rd image, the hand drawn diagram. It is labeled “trigger spring”

IMG_2868.jpeg
IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg

omegals

Thank you so much! I have seen that book and wondered if it was worth purchasing. From what you have said I will be picking it up.

My kit was not missing the trigger bar spring I was just incorrectly using the trigger bar spring as the trigger spring. The longer one on top was obscuring my vision of the smaller one under it. Without seeing that diagram it would have been tough to figure out. That has corrected that problem.

Is there any information in the book about the ejector? That is definitely missing from my kit and I will have to fabricate one. As well as sourcing detent balls and springs for the safety lever.

Thank you helping me out so quickly. I do appreciate it.

Levi

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
Thank you so much! I have seen that book and wondered if it was worth purchasing. From what you have said I will be picking it up.

My kit was not missing the trigger bar spring I was just incorrectly using the trigger bar spring as the trigger spring. The longer one on top was obscuring my vision of the smaller one under it. Without seeing that diagram it would have been tough to figure out. That has corrected that problem.

Is there any information in the book about the ejector? That is definitely missing from my kit and I will have to fabricate one. As well as sourcing detent balls and springs for the safety lever.

Thank you helping me out so quickly. I do appreciate it.

Levi
My kit was missing the selector detents as well. The ejector is welded to the inside of the receiver tube on these guns. My kit came with all the weldments already welded onto the tube and the tube cut down the middle. I know there are also kits available that do not have the weldments welded onto the tube yet, in that case I suppose it’s possible that the ejector was missing from your kit. Or maybe you mean the extractor that goes in the bolt was missing. In either Case I would really be nagging the seller for those parts, as the kit is basically useless/incomplete without either of those crucial parts and it won’t exactly be simple to fabricate them. The seller still has not answered me again about the missing pins in my kit, he initially responded and acknowledged me, said he would search for the pins, but then he vanished. I even ordered another kit from him but he never once responded to a single message and the second kit was shipped today apparently. I think I’m gonna have to leave him honest feedback. I see a lot of folks have mentioned his weak communication skills but everyone has given him an A+. My first kit was missing pins that were pictured in the listing and the seller ignored me and didn’t make it right, even after I purchased another kit, I feel I have no choice but to leave him a “C” feedback rating. The kits are cool and hard to come by, but that doesn’t make the seller exempt from answering customer questions and including everything pictured in the item listing. Especially crucial FCG components.

omegals

My kit was missing the selector detents as well. The ejector is welded to the inside of the receiver tube on these guns. My kit came with all the weldments already welded onto the tube and the tube cut down the middle. I know there are also kits available that do not have the weldments welded onto the tube yet, in that case I suppose it’s possible that the ejector was missing from your kit. Or maybe you mean the extractor that goes in the bolt was missing. In either Case I would really be nagging the seller for those parts, as the kit is basically useless/incomplete without either of those crucial parts and it won’t exactly be simple to fabricate them. The seller still has not answered me again about the missing pins in my kit, he initially responded and acknowledged me, said he would search for the pins, but then he vanished. I even ordered another kit from him but he never once responded to a single message and the second kit was shipped today apparently. I think I’m gonna have to leave him honest feedback. I see a lot of folks have mentioned his weak communication skills but everyone has given him an A+. My first kit was missing pins that were pictured in the listing and the seller ignored me and didn’t make it right, even after I purchased another kit, I feel I have no choice but to leave him a “C” feedback rating. The kits are cool and hard to come by, but that doesn’t make the seller exempt from answering customer questions and including everything pictured in the item listing. Especially crucial FCG components.
We got them from the same seller. I enjoy welding so I got mine without the weldments in place. The seller has not answered me.

Where did you get new detents?

I have the extractor but am missing the spring for it. I am missing the ejector (not welded in place and not with the kit), that is the most critical piece missing from my kit. If you end up with an extra ejector and don't need it I would be interested in purchasing it from you if you unless you would like to keep your kit mostly intact which I would understand. Is the ejector a really odd shape? I know it would need to be heat treated to hold up to the beating it would take but fabricating one is looking like my best option.

I have some extra pins for mine but the lengths on them are odd and I'm not sure they are right.

Also I ordered the book.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
We got them from the same seller. I enjoy welding so I got mine without the weldments in place. The seller has not answered me.

I have the extractor but am missing the spring for it. I am missing the ejector (not welded in place and not with the kit), that is the most critical piece missing from my kit. If you end up with an extra ejector and don't need it I would be interested in purchasing it from you if you unless you would like to keep your kit mostly intact which I would understand. Is the ejector a really odd shape? I know it would need to be heat treated to hold up to the beating it would take but fabricating one is looking like my best option.

I have some extra pins for mine but the lengths on them are odd and I'm not sure they are right.

Also I ordered the book.

I too enjoy welding, but I had no point of reference for the other weldments and I have now realized that if I were to have welded the grip lug or magwell on just an 1/8th of an inch too far forwards or too far backwards, the gun would not have assembled at all. The distance between the grip lug and the magwell/lower front pivot lug has to be exact… being as there is barely even enough info to learn how to assemble the FCG, let alone weld all the components onto the receiver, I opted for a prewelded tube. Unfortunately whoever originally welded my tube welded the grip lug on totally canted in relation to the rest of the gun. The ejector is just a flat piece of sheet steel that could probably be cut and fabricated from some scrap sheet metal if need be.

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member

Also I ordered the book.
Those 2 Longer rods aren’t pins if that’s what you are referring to. Those are intended to be bend into shape and welded onto the receiver for the sling loops, but maybe you are referring to some actual extra pins that were included. Mine was missing the pins but had those 2 rods for the sling loops.

Slowmo

Hope these pics are of some use to you. Before I took the plunge and purchased the kit I was searching high and low for schematics and literature to figure out if all the parts were present and if it was gonna be an easy build.

I couldn’t really find much online except for old grainy SW manual scans. I purchased the SW 76 book by Frank Iannamico and it’s a wealth of knowledge about these guns. There are diagrams, schematics, photos, everything you need to understand the function of the 760.

Keep in mind the book focuses mostly on the SMG, but the fire control group in the semi auto is the same exact thing as the SMG with the exception of the safety switch being cut slightly different on the SMG for select fire.

The trigger bar doesn’t have a separate coil spring, it uses the leaf spring that is built into the trigger housing and works off the the sear spring when the gun is fired. There are 2 leaf springs attached to the inside of the trigger housing, one of them is the trigger spring, and then the one above that is for the trigger bar. You can see what I’m talking about in the 3rd image, the hand drawn diagram. It is labeled “trigger spring”

View attachment 39100
View attachment 39098
View attachment 39099
What is the rivets/pins/studs in the middle of the trigger bar and the end of the trigger bar near the seat for? Does the end corner of the trigger bar just drag along the sear to wedge it upwards?

MitchWerbellsGhost87

UZI Talk Life Member
What is the rivets/pins/studs in the middle of the trigger bar and the end of the trigger bar near the seat for? Does the end corner of the trigger bar just drag along the sear to wedge it upwards?
The rivets just hold the bar together, it’s made of a few pieces of laminated stamped sheet metal. The end corner of the bar interacts with a notch in the sear, to push on the back of it causing it to drop down when the trigger is pulled.

scotty57

Just so you guys know, These kits were stolen from me! I left them with a gunsmith in MN for welding, and he just dropped off the map. and I have spent the last 3 years trying to track them down. can someone provide me with the name and address of the seller? (and yes I can prove it).

pjm204

Just so you guys know, These kits were stolen from me! I left them with a gunsmith in MN for welding, and he just dropped off the map. and I have spent the last 3 years trying to track them down. can someone provide me with the name and address of the seller? (and yes I can prove it).

Wow, that is quite the turn of events! I guess I am glad I didn't buy one....

MontanaRenegade86

UZI Talk Supporter
Wow, that is quite the turn of events! I guess I am glad I didn't buy one....
If we're talking about the same guy, and I think we are, he must have quite a few of these kits in his possession.

I purchased one of them in April 2022, but I got a refund because a pipe burst in his shop and ruined a bunch of his inventory. I was pretty disappointed because some of the S&W76 parts are rare as hell.

I was so disappointed that I spent $1800 on a SW760 to scalp. :(

I am happy to report that after two years, I think I have finally will have a complete rebuild kit assembled for my S&W76 (with the exception of a new registered receiver tube). AutoWeapons got in a bunch of parts and I was able to find the last couple of things I needed. They should be arriving any day now.

pjm204

If we're talking about the same guy, and I think we are, he must have quite a few of these kits in his possession.

I purchased one of them in April 2022, but I got a refund because a pipe burst in his shop and ruined a bunch of his inventory. I was pretty disappointed because some of the S&W76 parts are rare as hell.

I was so disappointed that I spent $1800 on a SW760 to scalp. :(

I am happy to report that after two years, I think I have finally will have a complete rebuild kit assembled for my S&W76 (with the exception of a new registered receiver tube). AutoWeapons got in a bunch of parts and I was able to find the last couple of things I needed. They should be arriving any day now.

My comment was in response to Scotty57's post stating these kits were stolen from him.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter