Photo 7th SF Group with UZI

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
Guys,

I was looking through my library and found a photo I think we will all love. I place the time period of this photo from the late 60's to the early 70's given the nature of the uniform. Photo was possibly taken at Bragg or in the Panama Canal Zone area. Notice the pistol grip and how the bakelite? grip has a piece broken off. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 7th SF.jpg
    7th SF.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 384

MJINGP

Kinda brings back memories. Not good ones mind you, but memories none the less. Let's hear it for the 5th group. :patriot

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
MJINGP,

Were you in the 5th, 7th, or 1st? If you were at all involved with SF during the sixties or seventies I have some awesome items and photos to share. People uneducated about the Vietnam War always make such a big deal about SEALs but from my research they were in Disney World when compared to what the 5th Group was up against.

Here Here for the 5th Group!!

MJINGP

I was attached to the 5th SFGV for about a year and a half as a, well, let’s just say I was attached and leave it at that. Primarily, my contribution at Bragg, as well as in-country was in recognition and evasion strategies, with a little of this and a little of that thrown in for good measure. I don’t speak of it much because of my disappointment in many of the people of America during the whole lousy mess. I’m getting over it now, a little, although the same crap seems to be raising its miserable head in this latest conflict. What kind of stuff do you have? :patriot

watchin

UZI Talk Life Member
I don't see a sling attached to the forward attach point..?
-watchin-

Sayeret Shaldag

UZI Talk Supporter
MJINGP,

You should be very proud of your service. There is no doubt that the behavior of the populace at home was corrosive and completely demoralizing to our efforts in SE Asia. Just so you know there are many people who really appreciate whatever you did over there or here to help our efforts to stop a very real threat and I will leave it at that.

My other hobby is the study of COIN warfare in SE Asia and I collect items related to that particular period. To me it is absolutely fascinating how many NVA were tied up by the CIDG program and other 5th Group programs, our "covert" efforts in Laos, and MACV-SOG. God bless all those guys because they were all the tip of the sword. If not for USSF and CIA paramilitary ops. in Vietnam many more GIs would not have returned home.

MJINGP

Yep. They did a great, and for the most part a thankless job. I ran into a number of the SOG bunch (hush, hush at the time) and never encountered one that had not been wounded in some form or fashion. And they still kept coming back for more. We build em good in the U.S. :patriot

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter