Quality of Hard Times Armory Conversion??

treedawg

Recently I looked at a IMI Uzi that was reportedly converted by HTA. The conversion looked incomplete and to be of very poor quality. From it's looks, this gun had seen much use and this appearance could have been the result of repairs/modifications after the conversion, but this gun was for sale by a dealer so little history was know about the gun.

Here's my question...How do HTA conversion rate on various weapons. Was this Uzi conversion typical of their quality of work or was this gun most likely butchered after the conversion?

TD

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
I've heard good things on HTA conversions. In the mad dash to churn out as many guns as possible before the May 1986 deadline, many people took whatever was available and made the f.a. conversions. The condition MAY have been poor to begin with.

The good news is Vector can make it look and run as new for very little money. Any modifications not done by Hard Times Armory such as trunion boring can be done by Vector allowing you to use cheap and plentiful f.a. parts. If you have an interest, the present condition may enable you to pick up the gun at a decent price.

treedawg

I wasn't really interested in the HTA Uzi. The dealer was way over priced on the weapon, although I estimated it would cost less than $300.00 to bring the back into top shape. I was looking at it for a friend that considering purchasing it. He found a NIB Vector at a local dealer for $4000.00 which seemed like a better deal.

The reason I was inquiring about the quality of HTA conversions is because I located one of the super rare, class III AK-47's that was converted by them. Atleast they seem to be rare lately based on price and avalibility. The gun is out of state so I can't look at it in person.

TD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter