Really did 'lose' an Uzi in a 'boating accident?"

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
My brother is a detective in that county.
I need to ask him about it but the barrel doesn’t look right.

Update: just got off the phone with him. It’s a machine gun for sure. He said someone welded it back together.

Last edited:

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
My brother is a detective in that county.
I need to ask him about it but the barrel doesn’t look right.

Update: just got off the phone with him. It’s a machine gun for sure. He said someone welded it back together.
Saw the non-slotted bolt and also the really big holes in the receiver on the left side. You can see a welded portion on the other side. Thought someone went “full send” on a chopped up parts kit. Probably didn’t run very well as hacked as it looked.

KickStand

UZI Talk Life Member
My brother said it appeared to function right for an open bolt MG. He said their department is actually going to keep it (or try to) for a training tool or something like that.
I’ll report back when he shoots it.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
I think the trunnion is out of alignment, as the barrel looks canted and droopy. Cool find though!

Paul Kersey

My brother said it appeared to function right for an open bolt MG. He said their department is actually going to keep it (or try to) for a training tool or something like that.
I’ll report back when he shoots it.
I would think the BATF would have a big say in that. It's probably not "on the NFA Registry" (if so the owner can be tracked down), and if it is not then they will most likely confiscate it and destroy it.

slimshady

AFAIK, all a PD has to do is file a Form 10 and they can keep it. Unless it is evidence against somebody, it's just found contraband so no reason ATF would want it unless they had someone to prosecute.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter