recommended .223 ammo for 14" AC556 ?

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
just curious what bullet weight works best in the ac556...especially the shorter barrel...i may stock up if i find a deal on ammo!

i dont know what the twist is

i see good deals on PMC and FIOCCHI

Last edited:

anm2_man

UZI Talk Supporter
The question would be is are you asking which rounds function correctly or are the most accurate. This is a machine gun and holding it on target in full auto is near impossible also with 3 round burst. Before I would buy any ammo, I would stock up on a couple of boxes of each. When your AC comes in then you can test it. My AC556 hates Seller & Bellot - It loves PMC Bronze (and Only Bronze) - It hates Lake City M193 & M855, it loves Remington UMC. Why I have no Idea, but I did stock up on Lake city years ago, just before I got my AC, and it is still siting in the original cans however I do use it in my Tavor & AR15. Been selling and trading it over the years.

YMMV.

wtrski76

UZI Talk Life Member
Have not tried it in an AC, but my M16 loves Wolf Gold. It's about as cheap as you can get for new brass case/copper jacketed .223 and functions flawlessly in any of my uppers and in my buddy's Shrike.

Z06

UZI Talk Life Member
anm2_man has the best idea. My shorty AC folder ONLY "ate" Lake City M193, nothing else I tried! Go figure.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
thanks for the advice...i have some pmc in my vault....ill try it and see...hopefully nothing happens in the next 9 months to increase .223......maybe when obama is on his way out the prices of ammo will drop

ateamrob

I have always used 55 grain Winchester white box ammo in my Mini 14's and always in my AC-556F shorty. Functions perfect and always is pretty accurate considering.

Rob

maschinenpistole

this is a little off topic but i would suggest installing a mini-14 recoil buffer in the ac. there is a noticable difference and it softens the impact of the slide hitting the front of the receiver. you will need to fit the buffer to the specs of the ac barrel as it is thicker.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter