Reloading info for a Reising Model 50

19Steve67

I am thinking about reloading for my Reising Model 50 and I am looking for info on loading data to get me started.
Any help is appreciated!!

Garrett

Mine likes RN bullets. Other bullet profiles may or may not feed.

Aside from that, it doesn’t seem to care. Lead, coated, plated, or jacketed. I’ve loaded anywhere from 185 to 230 gr. bullets (for the light stuff, Berry’s makes a 185 gr. hollow base RN that has the same profile as your standard 230 gr. ball).

I mostly load .45 with Win 231, but there are lots of powders that are appropriate for that cartridge.

The lighter bullets may run a little slower ROF, but not much. Maybe 50 RPM slower is all. Not enough to worry about, or to even be able to notice.

19Steve67

Thank you for your reply and data.
My Reising runs much more efficiently with 185 grain bullets BUT I don't know why??

Starvingboy

I run mine with berrys 230g, or did back when primers were available. Other than magazine feeding issues, no troubles.

I also had it out with my Keystone mags with some 3d printed plastic followers that I was goofing with for a while. The magazines actually seemed to run Ok (?)

K2

Hi,

Third down on the RN or RNFP. About 10 years ago there was a guy in the Florida Panhandle that was running a Reising. He had dropped an old Weaver scope on it ('cause it was handy) and was running very light Bullseye (powder) loads. His handle was TonyM. It did shoot well and was quite reliable. If you hunt the archives on this and other boards it will likely show up.

Enjoy,

K2

Last edited:

Shattered

I’m using up 20K of RNL 230’s and presently loading nothing but Berry’s 230 plated. Winchester 231, any primer I can find, and getting a very pleasant 850-880 rpm.

boomer535

I always used a 230 grain hard lead RN with 5.4 grains of AA number 2. You must run all cartridges through A gauge to make sure they will run in the Reising.

19Steve67

Thank you for the info but can you explain what you mean by " run all cartridges through A gauge "??

Shattered

Thank you for the info but can you explain what you mean by " run all cartridges through A gauge "??

He means to use a loaded round case checker. My 45’s are done on a dedicated Dillon RL1050. All my 45 cases are put through a borrowed Case Pro roll sizer. They are all highly polished at this point and checked for small primers. You do NOT want to hit a small primered case in any progressive loader. Backing up is a hard thing to accomplish and I just go ahead and smash the case (the Dillon can take it) and chuck the case. Now using just Berrys or Extremem plated 230s, although I’m curious how the HB180s would work with the Thompsons and Reising.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter