RPB m10 help/insight

forindooruseonly

Yes, the stock is a no go, unless you want to pay the tax and fill out a Form 1 to make it a short barreled rifle. But, considering what it is, I wouldn't do that.

Sorry, can't help with the firing pin issue.

theduke

UZI Talk Life Member
Another question on this gun. Since it is a pistol and not a MG a stock is out of the question, right??

Get a carbine upper + 16"....then you can add stock. No stock with short barrel unless you sbr.

theres the armbrace option......your on your own with that..:paranoid

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Np
Anyone know of a write up on repairing the firing pin/nub ? I have been looking since I got home and have had no luck. Even if I buy another, if i can fix this one, I would like to...
Welding up and repair may be possible and Sam at Practical Solutions will have your answer.

lowpt2001

I have emailed back and forth with Sam. He seems very knowledgable. He says he can repair the bolt or replace it with an updated bolt. I hope to soon be able to afford to have him replace the worn parts in the lower receiver.

CoffeeFreak

UZI Talk Life Member
I saw a thread in a forum maybe in the last decade. Maybe even this forum. A guy built back up the firing pin on a registered UZI bolt. Really close to that type bolt. He mig welded it then made a special cutter out of a mill end cutter and cut a new profile then heated that area red hot with a torch and dropped it in a bucket of water or maybe vegetable oil to harden the new firing pin. It was really pretty simple and it may still be accessible but good luck finding it. The search results in this forum suck from back then and a lot of other forums are gone now.

Sam has done stuff for me . He dies what he says what he is going to do. Good guy.

rhay777

I just saw one of these with a barrel extension for sale at a local gun shop on consignment for $800

JohnFreeman

UZI Talk Supporter
Might be fastest (and perhaps cheapest) just to get the replacement bolt.

You'll have a gun that probably works and a "just in case" unit that's certainly repairable in due time.

lowpt2001

That is my plan as of right now, John. I got this gun just because the name "Mac" is infamous and it was a good deal. I am excited about owning it now and can't wait to get it presentable again.

lowpt2001

I receieved a few parts today. :) So, I was finally able to shoot this pistol. There was some problems though. When I put the new parts in (bolt, trigger, disconnector, and tension spring), the new disconnector would not disengage from the sear. There was simply too much metal on the back potion of the disconnector to allow this. I ended up reshaping it so it would function correctly. Are the parts different for FA and semi?? Also, I had feed/fire issues. Most of the time it would not chamber a round from the magazine and fire. It seemed that something in the waty it was feeding slowed the process down enough for it not to fire the round. it would only make an indention in the cap. I'm assuming this is from the magazine. The reason I say this is, I can remove the mag, put a round in the chamber and it fires fine. What is you alls thoughts???

zracin

Factory collapsible stock WILL work - just will not collapse all the way in.
YOud have to open up holes in the back of the receiver...you could also cut the stocks arms short, and weld it in place if you just want the look of a MG. I had an OB that the previous owner did that to, It just couldn't move in or out or fold. Its sort of cheesy, but I got a great deal on it at the time

lowpt2001

What about my feed/fire issues? Anyone have any idea what is going on? Suggestions on a better magazine and where to buy it?

LawBob

...And here is the magazine I have.

Those aren't very good. I'm sure with some tinkering they might work. I bought some from some site and they didn't work. The springs were too long to hold more than 30 rounds. If that. I sold them to a guy in Portland and he immediately delisted them on sturm as "original mags"

Try usmachinegun.com they have new Manu Walther like mags

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter