RPB M11 .380 Suppressor - what to do with it?

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
So my small magwell RPB M11 came with a vintage RPB .380 suppressor. I've moved off the MAC threads and everything is either 1/2x28 or 5/8X24.

I've been emailing Curtis Tactical about a rebuild and I have a couple of options:

1. 1/2x28 standard 9mm can, replacing the MAC guts with theirs. If I recall that would be FA friendly.

2. 5/8x24 5.56 / 30. cal can NOT FA rated. I would use this with a bolt action Rem 700 in .308 or semiauto Rock River 20" HBAR15. One of my local range options has a lot of steel plates. :)

I have a Griffin Rev 9, FA rated, and paperwork has started for a GSL Phoenix.

I'm conflicted with keeping the RPB can suitable for 9mm - it's intended purpose - vs. making it into something I don't have and therefore more useful...but the the last 5 1/4" is aluminum vs. only the first 3 1/2 inches being steel is a concern for the rifle rounds. Definitely not a FA can, which for me is fine.

Also - legalities - can this be done? The can is stamped "M11 380".

Last edited:

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I had 1973 m11 can rebuilt and 1/2 x 28 threads put on it. Should have a stamp on it in a week or 2. I have not tested it to see how quiet it is yet . I changed it to a 9mm can, no issues that I know of.

Also did the same w a m10/45 can

Why not bring the can to modern standards that you can use on other subguns. I just saw a redone m11 can sell recently. These cans are collectible and redoing them doesn’t take any value away

Kgb did the work. He uses SS baffles. Some guys use aluminum . Turn around was a few weeks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter