S&W 76 sturdy locking folding stock. Anybody interested?

opee

UZI Talk Supporter
With the help of another member, about a year ago, I acquired a very sturdy custom stock adapter. Have found a way to replace the 76 wire stock with a very sturdy locked in folding style stock. I no longer have concerns about the stock folding up or wobbling during FA fire. There are no mods needed to be drilled, no finish is worn off, etc. Line of sight using original OEM sights work perfect. The value of your gun will continue to increase. Just put the original wire stock in the safe. Below is a pic of my S&W 76 with the new stock design.
Curious if there is interest from others who might want to own a very reliable locking folding style stock for your 76, 760, etc?

2-D1-BF83-E-E688-43-A9-AB73-FBB9-E7-AA0-A6-B.jpg

Last edited:

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
I would be interested depending on price. I might even start shooting the 76 more if it had a decent stock.

opee

UZI Talk Supporter
You will definitely start shooting your 76/760 more!
I have 3D printed the 2 part adapter, and now looking for 30-50 requests to get the parts machined from steel. Adapter price will likely be about $200, and you will need to procure a stock that will fit a 1913 interface. I am using a Sig Sauer MPX/MCX Minimalist Plus.
My total spend was $500, and it definitely increased the frequency that I pulled out the S&W 76 for shooting with friends compared to my other Subguns.

Kimber1911

I am interested in two.
Probably a bit more than “interested” would put this on both of my S&W 76’s.

Last edited:

opee

UZI Talk Supporter
Meeting with machinist this week to go over the details. Thanks for your interest in this project.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Glad there is enough interest to get this moving forward. Waiting patiently.

rssc

This is very exciting. The wobbly stock is a glaring deficiency of this platform.

Last edited:

opee

UZI Talk Supporter
(3/11/21) Here is an update on my S&W 76 Stock Adapter project.
I have a CNC machinist ready to go with a 5 and 7-Axis machines, but need more 76/760 owners to show interest in having a very secure folding stock to shoot their 76 with. Would like to have some 76 and 760 owners measure a couple of dimensions to see if there could be any differences between guns. I don't think so, but really need to check this before manufacture.
The adapter is made from 4140 gun steel, so it will not bend, flex, under stress. The 2 adapter parts will be finished, and may require a small amount of fitting for the tightest fit.
If you are interested in buying an adapter, or providing a couple of measurements for me that would be greatly appreciated.
Email me at: brmiles@sbcglobal.net
Let me know if there are other forums that I should post to get the word out. Price for the adapter will be $200, and you supply a 1913 style folding stock, such as Sig and others. The pic I have posted is a Sig Sauer Minimalist Plus stock.
Thanks, Opee

rssc

Sounds good. I don't have my gun yet but be happy to provide dimensions as soon as I get it or get access to it. I'm definitely in for an adapter.

Fulliautomatix

... and you supply a 1913 style folding stock, such as Sig and others. The pic I have posted is a Sig Sauer Minimalist Plus stock.
Thanks, Opee

Hi Opee, if you happen to know off the top of your head, what other 1913 style folding stocks are out there? When I google I get a mix of either butt stocks OR top rail accessories... not pic rail butt stocks.

Also, you think your mount would work on the Burgess SW76 as well?

Last edited:

opee

UZI Talk Supporter
Regarding the Burgess Guns, the adapter will fit firmly but it requires a little more detailed fitting I have recently learned from one of the buyers who own a Burgess gun.

Although I really like the Sig Sauer Minimalist plus looks, there are some other brands I believe would also fit.
-SB Tactical
-Sig MPX/MCX Folders
-Sig Sauer folding Telescoping stocks
-AR style folding stocks w/1913 interface
-Lage folding stocks

The main key is whatever stock you choose, the stock needs to have a 1913 Interface to attach to your Subgun.
I attached a couple of pics showing how the Sig stock looks in the folded position, etc.
The key that makes this adapter fit so tightly is the large 3/8" bolt that runs through the front handgrip also holds this adapter in place.
Still looking for a little more interest in this adapter to be able to justify a large CNC production run to be manufactured.

IMG-0001-5.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-0002-3.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
IMG-0005-1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:

DE64

Opee

Will they work on the MK 760?

If so I am in for one

Also sent an email to the address you listed

Dave

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter