Saw cut micro parts project

GunDevil

I got some uzi pistol parts from a local FFL dealer here in town that I did some computer work for. The lower assemblies are all intact but have some cut marks on the top edge that should be pretty easy to fix up. The receivers are of course destroyed and there is only one rear section. One barrel is good, one barrel is completely destroyed, one barrel is probably usable it just has a slight nick in the breech face. Why they didn't pop them out before cutting is kinda perplexing.

It looks like a most of the parts I need are available with the exception of the top cover assembly. The major semi micro and pistol parts are the same correct? I saw repair sections, bolts and barrels in 45, strikers and recoil assemblies different places on the web. I did not see top cover assemblies anywhere, any ideas on where I could find one of those? A bolt in 9mm would be better as I already have 1 barrel for it but couldn't find one of those either.

I was into guns pretty heavily 15 or 20 years ago - was an FFL, certified pistol instructor, did a lot of tinkering and minor gunsmith work etc. 4 kids kinda slowed down the hobby for a bunch of years but I'm slowly getting back into it. I do have a parkerizing setup in storage somewhere. One of my customers is a welding supply company and I have access to their lab and know a bunch of certified welders who would probably help me out. Usually helping me out starts with them drinking the beer I brought while they make suggestions for 10 mins and then they just do it for me.

Am I ever going to be able to find the parts or should I just abandon the project? There's probably no point in ordering anything unless I know I can get everything needed to complete it. I have some SBR rifles and suppressors and was thinking of doing the paperwork to make an SBR with micro style stock.

My goal was to build one as I only have the one rear section and really only have need for one anyway. Anyone interested in trading things I need for things I don't need?

I'm sure I'll be asking questions about a full size at some point as well since he had 4 of those. That project should be a bit easier - I just ordered 2 McKay receivers and it looks like other parts are available for those.

I spent a few hours lurking around before I posted, there is a lot of great info on this site!

Attachments

• microparts.jpg
    microparts.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:

r

top covers for uzi pistol/micro pop up infrequently. watch gunbroker--us barrel shroud--gun parts corp type websites daily. have funds ready to buy immediately. was one on gunbroker about 3 weeks ago. also can do WTB ad on various boards in search of somebody with an extra they'll part with. with 3 lowers and 3 barrel nuts you have trading material to deal with also.

124NATO

Hi gundevil

Can you please take some pictures of the inside of the receiver pieces? It's great to see how they were welded together and what the feed ramp assembly looks like .

Thank you

jmylar

I was wondering if you'd like to sell one of your feed ramps? And possibly a lower assembly? Let me know and maybe we can figure something out? I'll give you a good deal! I'm working on my own micro.
Private message me. I found micro parts you'll need online during my search for a feed ramp.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter