SBR Thoughts

dallas

Hello, I was hoping to hear from those that have decided to SBR their Uzi. Did you like it? Did anyone have any regrets? I have a model A that I was considering making it a SBR and getting a suppressor.

Dark Knight

My only regret was not doing it sooner. Wasted a lot of years thinking it was to much trouble. As soon as I pulled out the 16 inch barrel and dropped in a 10.2 inch one I knew I should have done it long ago. Just do it!

tonelar

I’m leaving my IMI guns alone. I have full size and mini vectors that I’ll form 1.

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I did my Norinco and Vector, wish I'd done it sooner. With eform, no sheriff signing, doing your own prints, they only time I leave the house is to mail the prints.

dallas

Thank you for all the replies. It sounds like an easy process. Thank you.

jurist

I'm a huge fan of SBR's but I will say one thing, I see basically no reason to have a full size UZI as an SBR. You can get the UZI made into an integral suppressed rifle that uses the suppressor in replacement of the barrel nut and 16" barrel so there's no reason for purposes of suppressing it and if you're using it for compact storage there's not reason because the barrel can be removed and replaced so easily. Its really the one gun that I wouldn't do it on. I don't see this same logic holding up for a Mini UZI or Micro really for the cool factor and not functionally.

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
Engrave the barrel not the receiver. Then it’s easy to undo if you choose to do so

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
I haven't looked into it yet but can that be the location when it is easily changed?

It's in the regulations if you do a search, it is one of the acceptable areas to engrave, I chose the area where the stock folds up into.

dallas

I'm a huge fan of SBR's but I will say one thing, I see basically no reason to have a full size UZI as an SBR. You can get the UZI made into an integral suppressed rifle that uses the suppressor in replacement of the barrel nut and 16" barrel so there's no reason for purposes of suppressing it and if you're using it for compact storage there's not reason because the barrel can be removed and replaced so easily. Its really the one gun that I wouldn't do it on. I don't see this same logic holding up for a Mini UZI or Micro really for the cool factor and not functionally.
Can you share a link to the suppressor? It looks interesting.

dallas

Would you have to engrave rack barrel that is shortened if you have more than one?

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
Would you have to engrave rack barrel that is shortened if you have more than one?

Depends who you ask. This is the Internet and everyone has opinions.

It’s my understanding that only the barrel from the original configuration needs to be engraved. The serial numbered receiver is what the stamp is correlated to. You marking the barrel is only you marking it since your the manufacturer of the sbr. Just as it has Remington’s name and location is on the shotgun barrel when you buy it, however you don’t need to put this information on a replacement barrel.. my .02$ fwiw etc…

alex4922

SBR vs fixed suppressor

I had thought about doing the form 1 also but if I decided to go with a permanently fixed can which one is good but not super expensive?

DalTx

Never a question. I bought a IMI SA full size and SBR'd it ASAP. Have 10.2 and 8.5 barrels. No regrets at all

kanewtervalve

UZI Talk Life Member
Just wanted to add, one of my barrels is a 3 lug which I switch between the two SBRs since the frames are engraved. I use the 3 lug for my suppressor.

Dbltapster

I recently completed the Form 1 process for my Model B, and received my tax stamp in about 4 months. I did engrave the receiver on the bottom where the stock folds up. I have always wanted an Uzi since I was a kid and only now, in my 50's am I able to throw the money at one! In my opinion, the classic Uzi is with the short 10.2" barrel. The carbine length just doesn't look right to me.

dallas

I recently completed the Form 1 process for my Model B, and received my tax stamp in about 4 months. I did engrave the receiver on the bottom where the stock folds up. I have always wanted an Uzi since I was a kid and only now, in my 50's am I able to throw the money at one! In my opinion, the classic Uzi is with the short 10.2" barrel. The carbine length just doesn't look right to me.
Where did you get the barrel from?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter