Shockwave Magazines Fit the M10/9

Chicken Men

Have been out of the loop for a while. Purchased some of th 50 rd. Zmags made by Shockwave for the M-11 and they fit really well. I have an older Fat Mac in 9mm that came with a few of the modified MPL Magazines. I was very surprised the Zmags fit the Fat Mac as well. They weren't advertised to fit the Fat Mac. I haven't fired the gun with them. Has anyone experienced this? Will they actually work?

Thanks

Grant435

Have you tried to manually cycle the bolt to see if it runs properly just above the magazine without hitting it or being too high above it? If mag catch has it locked good and it’s perfectly aligned in there I don’t see why not.

Chicken Men

Pushed it in until it hit the stops on the mag and it latched in place on the back. Bolt operated fine manually. I'm happy they may work. I've had the 9mm Fat Mac for over 10 years and have never fired it as I only had 3 of the MPL Magazines. All I purchased is the 50 rd. Zmags as the 30's were always too small for the rate of fire. This will be nice having mags I can use in both guns.

Garrett

Almost, but not quite. The M11/9 mags will fit a MAC 10/9 magwell, and they can be made to work in the Fat MAC. However, yours is not going to work with your current setup.

SWD designed they zytel M11/9 mags, and also changed the MAC 10/9s they finished with a different magwell and bolt to work with their mags. The mag catch is in a different location for the M11/9 vs. MAC 10/9. You will see the zytel mags have two catches so they can work with either gun. I had also been able to put a second catch at the bottom of the skirt on some PAM-2 mags. Here I was able to run these mags in both the MAC 10/9 and M11/9.

Unfortunately, the Zmags are only made with one catch. While Zmags will fit and latch into your MAC10, the mag will sit too low and the bolt won’t strip the round off the top. You could always buy some zytel or PAM-2 mags to run in your Fat MAC.

The other issue is your bolt. If your gun runs on Walther mags, it has a double-feed bolt, which is too wide for the single-feed zytel / PAM-2 mags. It would hit the rear of the mag.

Now you can get a single-feed bolt and some single-feed mags and convert the gun. Or you could buy more Walther mags. But your Zmags won’t work. Sorry.

6O5KCWgl.jpg

LawBob

Have been out of the loop for a while. Purchased some of th 50 rd. Zmags made by Shockwave for the M-11 and they fit really well. I have an older Fat Mac in 9mm that came with a few of the modified MPL Magazines. I was very surprised the Zmags fit the Fat Mac as well. They weren't advertised to fit the Fat Mac. I haven't fired the gun with them. Has anyone experienced this? Will they actually work?

Thanks

The mpl mags are better. They are df and much easier to load.

Chicken Men

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Where are more MPL Magazines? The earth has seem to run out or them. I've had some presample MPL's come my way but the Magazines are too difficult and expensive to find to even buy one of those MG's.

Bruce

LawBob

They are just expensive. I have 10.

Lage converted Suomi mags. They work fine.

Usmachinegun.com sells some aftermarket MPL like mags that people have had good luck with. $49 I think. They may not be in stock

Look at m10/9 accessories

Chicken Men

Thanks LawBob,
I don't see any Lage converted Suomi mags listed on the Lage website. The Usmachinegun Magazines and single feed, the Bolt in this gun is Double Feed. Guess I would have to find a single feed bolt the to use the only available Single Feed Mags at USmachinegun. Autoweapons.com wants $375 for a single MPL magazine.

Thanks
Bruce

Chicken Men

Thanks Tony-Ri, These will work with my Double Feed Bolt. All the Single Feed Bolts are out of stock so doing the single conversion is not possible. I'll try these magazines.

Thanks
Bruce

llamasabound

UZI Talk Life Member
Thanks Tony-Ri, These will work with my Double Feed Bolt. All the Single Feed Bolts are out of stock so doing the single conversion is not possible. I'll try these magazines.

Thanks
Bruce

Not to derail this thread but I have a single feed bolt you are welcome to for a pittance. I still think they won’t feed off the shockwave mags, since they will be the wrong height, but message me if interested.

Chicken Men

Llama,
I have another fat 9 Upper with Bolt that came with another Mac. It may be another double feed, don't know. Have to find it in my parts. I'll let you know if I go the single feed route.

Thanks
Bruce

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter