silencerco free can

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
a few months since I posted and asked (I know ive posted like 4x on this subject)

their 4th deadline past....I got nothing....waiting for their 5th letter saying 2020

original promise was 3 months I believe...now coming up on 12 months

am I alone? anyone else waiting still?

Dear Valued Customer,
As a suppressor manufacturer, we thrive on setting the standard for quality and innovation, as well as
excellent customer service. We have failed to deliver your free suppressor from the SilencerCo Summer
Promotion in a timely manner, we apologize. The rebate submissions far exceeded our expectations.
We appreciate your patience and the opportunity to correct this situation for you. Please be assured that
you will receive your free suppressor by the 29th of June 2019. We are committed to shipping your
suppressor out as quickly and efficiently as possible, but most importantly providing you with a top-quality
product. In order to keep this commitment to you, we increased our production and remain focused on
quality.
We will provide regular updates on the status of your suppressor. In addition to the updates, we will send
an email to you with a tracking number when your suppressor ships. Once the product arrives, it will be
the dealer's responsibility to contact you and start the tax stamp process.
We consider ourselves incredibly fortunate to have so many loyal customers. We want to thank you again
for your patience regarding the summer promotion and your continued support of our products.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service

MPA guy

Lots of people not gotten their free cans either. I can think of at least a half dozen that I know personally.

Not exactly a good way to earn repeat business for sure.

Kramer

That's what happens when you throw down an offer and 4000 cans get sold. That's a lot of machining to get done.

Benaj

My second and last free can came in last week.

1st octane 45k arrived early June
2nd spectre came in last week of June

Sten

UZI Talk Supporter
I have had 1 of 3 show up....still waiting on other 2.

Coctailer

I finally received about 12 of the free cans for customers last week.

All of them were Octane 9 and 45 cans.

Kramer

They have so many Octane cans to make they removed them from their website.

I have four of their cans, 45 Osprey, 22 Sparrow and 2 45 HD Octanes. Plus every mount for the Octanes and Osprey.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I talked to the guy who makes the maxim 9 trigger spring kits...he says he knows 12 people who haven't gotten theirs. said finally a few have come in last month...seems like more than 50% to go after a YEAR

I learned more about silencer co from the trigger guy...the maxim 9 has been plagued by bad barrel throats...the bullets sit too deep. When they caught the issue instead of redoing the barrels they chose to make the spring stronger to compensate...people have been turning their maxim 9's in for smith work all the time. sometimes fixing the problems, sometimes requiring a 2nd trip to get it done right...my maxim 9 wont work with their spring kit(light primer strikes), so I suspect ive got one of the unlucky barrels(mine works fine with the factory spring). No wonder they stopped making them...Silencer co does not sound like a well run company.

Also don't forget how their 11,000 silencers in a month has made the form 4 wait times go up 2 months more...still going up and looks to be 1/2 way through them according to NFA tracker(looks like they are at the end of july 2018----I would expect with cans being shipped and a week to cash the check they will finally get through them by the mid august 18 stamps)

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
It is incredibly hard to make a new gun. I wish they would release an improved version as I would buy it. it reminds me of a new Kel-Tec in that it's super innovative but not quite ready for the masses on version 1.

Jmacken37

Mr. Miata, UZI Talk Life Member,
I got 5 or 6 free cans from SilencerCo in last month. Not sure how many more customers are waiting...

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
mine came today...exactly 1 year down to the day

just nutty

glad im done and can erase the email from last year

sigstroker

They have so many Octane cans to make they removed them from their website.

I have four of their cans, 45 Osprey, 22 Sparrow and 2 45 HD Octanes. Plus every mount for the Octanes and Osprey.

My understanding is the Octane line has been discontinued.

Plus, I've heard they had a lot of layoffs. It's not much of a surprise it's taking so long.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Nothing is free except your mothers love

I tried to sell my freebee to my dealer for $250. he said its discontinued and I responded that it was now a collector item and worth $250

even though he had been selling them at $500+ he wouldn't buy mine for 1/2 price to resell.

after waiting 1 year for my can I didn't even want it (sigh).

I tossed the $200 + $75 dealer fee into it...plan on using it on handguns

amphibian

UZI Talk Life Member
I got a free Spectre 2 but I already have 2 of them. So I asked a buddy if he wanted it before submitting for it. So no anticipation here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter