Smg Uzi vector/group industries

gomelkiev

I know Vito, bought 3 class 3 guns from him, excellent service. Never bought from Rueben, but heard that he has top guns and obviously top prices.

JoshNC

he has 6 uzis, which one should I look for? thanks

https://dealernfa.com/shop/imi-uzi-lnib-converted-by-group-ind-sa56301/
Not remarked. Receiver slightly buggered during blocking bar removal. Has Barrel restrictor ring. Functionally probably great but aesthetically less appealing than others below.

https://dealernfa.com/shop/imi-uzi-model-a-registered-receiver-excellent-sa24199/
Remarked S.M.G. UZI in a slightly overly large font. Not quite a correct marking, but very close. It’s in very nice condition. The barrel restrictor ring has been removed, which allows use of factory unaltered SMG barrels and factory unaltered SMG bolts. I’d ask Ruben about the size of the grip module retaining pin. This one is probably at the top of the heap for me based on its conversion to full SMG spec pending determining the size of the grip module retaining pin.

https://dealernfa.com/shop/imi-uzi-registered-receiver-excellent-sa54132/
This one is remarked UZI - SMG. Not really a factory correct marking but I wouldn’t turn it down. Has barrel restrictor ring.

https://dealernfa.com/shop/imi-action-arms-uzi-converted-by-nv-custom-sa37762/
This one is remarked SMG UZI, which is great. Has barrel restrictor ring. This one is also at the top of the heap for me.

Re: barrel restrictor rings, they are less of an issue now that factory UZI SMG barrels have dried up. Most options now for short barrels have the O.D. turned to fit the SA restrictor ring. Spare bolts can be modified to clear the restrictor ring.

Last edited:

gomelkiev

https://dealernfa.com/shop/imi-uzi-lnib-converted-by-group-ind-sa56301/
Not remarked. Receiver slightly buggered during blocking bar removal. Has Barrel restrictor ring. Functionally probably great but aesthetically less appealing than others below.

https://dealernfa.com/shop/imi-uzi-model-a-registered-receiver-excellent-sa24199/
Remarked S.M.G. UZI in a slightly large font. Not quite a correct marking, but close. It’s in very nice condition. The barrel restrictor ring has been removed, which allows use of factory unaltered SMG barrels and factory unaltered SMG bolts. I’d ask Ruben about the size of the grip module retaining pin. This one is probably at the top of the heap for me based on its conversion to full SMG spec pending determining the size of the grip module retaining pin.

https://dealernfa.com/shop/imi-uzi-registered-receiver-excellent-sa54132/
This one is remarked UZI - SMG. Not really a factory correct marking but I wouldn’t turn it down. Has barrel restrictor ring.

https://dealernfa.com/shop/imi-action-arms-uzi-converted-by-nv-custom-sa37762/
This one is remarked SMG UZI, which is great. Has barrel restrictor ring. This one is also at the top of the heap for me.

Re: barrel restrictor rings, they are less of an issue now that factory UZI SMG barrels have dried up. Most options now for short barrels have the O.D. turned to fit the SA restrictor ring. Spare bolts can be modified to clear the restrictor ring.
thank you!

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Last gun I bought from Ruben there was no sales tax. That amounts to ~$1,600 in my state. Gunbroker will charge it.

And he will actually answer the phone and your questions.

hkg3k

UZI Talk Life Member
My experience with mine was that it ran fine with the factory barrel, wouldn't run anything with a new Green Mountain barrel....probably because either the trunnion was welded in slightly tilted or the receiver was slightly warped. Some unknown percentage of GI/Vectors have this issue.

Vector guns certainly have some of that history. I'm just curious if the gun ran fine with the factory barrel but not with the commercial / aftermarket barrel...the issue gets pointed at the receiver and not the commercial / aftermarket barrel?

Not me...I'm always suspicious of any Uzi ejection port always open in pics. The seller has plenty and none have the bolt closed, nor is it clarified in the ad text. This one runs the risk for someone overpaying for the least desirable conversion type. RR / slotted bolt.

I’d want more pics of the gun, but this is priced well and has the blocking bar removed.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/988531049

I like this one better as well, and agreed that both the # of quality pics and description are lacking. I'm not a fan at all of the fee structure & taxes GB now applies. Know this going in if you decide to deal on a high-value item and transact it through the GB system.

Here's a few more from a well known dealer:

Best suggestion of all for this OP, IMO. He deals with the dealer who's the most trusted in the industry. Ruben doesn't offer anything for sale not in his physical inventory and evaluated. Ruben doesn't broker machine guns.

A lot of folks use Ruben's prices as a yardstick for private-sale, or low-volume dealer pricing. Ruben is typically +20% on the best pricing you'll be able to find. That extra 20% pays for the trust and peace of mind that some buyers demand. In this case, his posted Uzi prices look as good if not better than some of the Uzi's on GB which have been pointed out.

In reply to your last post...if you purchase off of, and transact through GunBroker, you'll probably be paying sales tax as well.

Good luck

gomelkiev

Vector guns certainly have some of that history. I'm just curious if the gun ran fine with the factory barrel but not with the commercial / aftermarket barrel...the issue gets pointed at the receiver and not the commercial / aftermarket barrel?

Not me...I'm always suspicious of any Uzi ejection port always open in pics. The seller has plenty and none have the bolt closed, nor is it clarified in the ad text. This one runs the risk for someone overpaying for the least desirable conversion type. RR / slotted bolt.

I like this one better as well, and agreed that both the # of quality pics and description are lacking. I'm not a fan at all of the fee structure & taxes GB now applies. Know this going in if you decide to deal on a high-value item and transact it through the GB system.

Best suggestion of all for this OP, IMO. He deals with the dealer who's the most trusted in the industry. Ruben doesn't offer anything for sale not in his physical inventory and evaluated. Ruben doesn't broker machine guns.

A lot of folks use Ruben's prices as a yardstick for private-sale, or low-volume dealer pricing. Ruben is typically +20% on the best pricing you'll be able to find. That extra 20% pays for the trust and peace of mind that some buyers demand. In this case, his posted Uzi prices look as good if not better than some of the Uzi's on GB which have been pointed out.

In reply to your last post...if you purchase off of, and transact through GunBroker, you'll probably be paying sales tax as well.

Good luck
Thank you!

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
It was both.

The GM barrel didn't have the same more rounded profile on the outer edge of the barrel in the breech end. The bolt would glance off that more square edge and slow it down enough that I would get light strikes all the time, all ammo.

So in all probability the trunnion or receiver were slightly out of true, and the GM barrels don't have that rounded profile of the Vector barrel that was probably done to correct for the misalignment.

Hassayamper

I bought a Vector RR last year from Only The Best and paid, if I recall right, 22,500. It runs flawlessly. The deal went through smoothly. I felt I over-paid by a thousand or two in comparison to some private deals I saw here and there, but I was willing to pay for the peace of mind of going through a reputable dealer.

Prices seem marginally lower this year than last year. 26,700 sounds ludicrous to me, even with the .45 conversion kit.

gomelkiev

I checked few online dealers, can't find IMU UZI with 22lr kit included. are 22lr kit are rare?
thanks

delta-10

If anyone is looking for a full size Uzi right now, David Spiwak has several. He generally tries to price his guns a tad bit lower so that they will move. I've bought 3 machine guns from him over the years along with various accessories and have had nothing but good experiences when dealing with him. Give him a call and he will be happy to walk you through the pros & cons if you have any questions.
https://www.davidspiwak.com/guns/

delta-10

I checked few online dealers, can't find IMU UZI with 22lr kit included. are 22lr kit are rare?
thanks
Most folks will break off the accessories and sell them separately. You leave money on the table when selling stuff as a package most of the time.
Keep you eyes peeled and 22 kits will show up. Rumor has it Subgun Ordnance is making another batch of them sometime???

JoshNC

If anyone is looking for a full size Uzi right now, David Spiwak has several. He generally tries to price his guns a tad bit lower so that they will move. I've bought 3 machine guns from him over the years along with various accessories and have had nothing but good experiences when dealing with him. Give him a call and he will be happy to walk you through the pros & cons if you have any questions.
https://www.davidspiwak.com/guns/

Another endorsement for David. I bought my two Vector full-size SMGs from him in 2001. Very smooth transaction.

Dirk Hawthorne

I have seen a million threads like this and sometimes people will recommend a really overpriced vendor and say, "You get what you pay for."

I always found that kind of funny.

If a used car dealer charges you double for a Honda Accord, is it a better car? Or did you just overpay?

Make sure that you are buying from a legitimate seller. And make sure the gun is in good shape. Aside from that, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to pay extra. You are getting nothing for the extra money.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter