Stalking Rhino/ Trident 9 jail-break

MunsonMan

UZI Talk Life Member
I just got back my SWR Trident 9 suppressor from Stalking Rhino Industries after it underwent their jailbreak procedure. Excellent work! I took the more expensive route and opted for the titanium endcap ($325). Not cheap, but the workmanship is first-rate. Included is a hard plastic rod for pushing out the baffle stack. Downside is the turn-around time-- just shy of 4 months (although compared to ATF, that's not too bad). :thumbs_up

Ed

www.stalkingrhino.com

Attachments

• suppressor pics 287.jpg
    suppressor pics 287.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,230
  • suppressor pics 282.jpg
    suppressor pics 282.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1,237

jt526

UZI Talk Life Member
No, they just sort of clip together, if you've seen a spectre baffle stack, same thing (give or take).

sJ6RC.jpg

fDIn6.jpg

(Pics not mine)

Buckxo

What does it sound like now? Do you shoot your suppressor wet?

I have never cleaned my Gemtech Trinity, and often wondered how to do that and what to use. I shoot mine dry and use it on a variety of my weapons and calibers below 9mm from MP5 to my Walther P22.

V/R

Buck

MunsonMan

UZI Talk Life Member
The suppressor sounds the same as before, and no-- I don't shoot it wet. Rimfire .22s are what really crud up a suppressor. The molten lead and unburned powder will coat the rearward baffles in short order. I'm not really familiar with the Gemtech Trinity, but if you can't disassemble it then you might want to look into a dedicated .22 take-apart suppressor. The price I paid for the jailbreak would go a long way toward an SWR Spectre II.

Ed

Last edited:

BPsmoke

The suppressor sounds the same as before, and no-- I don't shoot it wet. Rimfire .22s are what really crud up a suppressor. The molten lead and unburned powder will coat the rearward baffles in short order. I'm nor really familiar with the Gemtech Trinity, but if you can't disassemble it then you might want to look into a dedicated .22 take-apart suppressor. The price I paid for the jailbreak would go a long way toward an SWR Spectre II.

Ed

I shoot 22rf from my Lage Max-11/22 thru my jailbroke Trident9 now.

Since I paid about $200 for the jailbrake, I figger that's ALOT cheaper than another tax stamp and a new can - with much greater volume to handle subgun use than a dedicated 22 can.

In other words, if someone has a 9 / 40 / 45 suppressor, jailbreaking opens up a whole new world for ya, at alot less cost.

Buckxo

I'm in agreement for my Trinity and other higher dollar suppressors I own. I'd always considered a suppressor "disposable" non-longterm investment because of the clogging with junk from the round, knowing that even after a cleaning there would be a chronic build up over time that would render it non-serviceable after a time. For my Trinity, I will probably send it in for the $225 job, and I have renewed hope that I can use it beyond ten years. The .22 Costal I have, I will still consider a "disposable" asset that has a limited service life and not send it in because of the low cost of the suppressor.

V/R

Buck

I shoot 22rf from my Lage Max-11/22 thru my jailbroke Trident9 now.

Since I paid about $200 for the jailbrake, I figger that's ALOT cheaper than another tax stamp and a new can - with much greater volume to handle subgun use than a dedicated 22 can.

In other words, if someone has a 9 / 40 / 45 suppressor, jailbreaking opens up a whole new world for ya, at alot less cost.

macshooter

Sent the Viper off today. Can't wait to see the end result. Multi-mount is next. Spoke with Matt at length over the phone. Cool dude. Took the time to answer all my questions and then some. Great communication.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter