Suomi Coffin Mags 2.0

Donut77donut

Mags come with their original springs, the new repro springs are separate. Thanks

Thanks, ordered!

Why does the magazine get free shipping but the $23 dollar springs cost $9 to ship?

ETA: I’d rather see the price include free shipping and pay more upfront than realize it’s different after. $9 seems like a lot to ship springs. Then extra for insurance...

Last edited:

gun.bro

I haven’t checked, but how easy is it to replace coffin springs? I want to buy, but I don’t have the patience to conduct major surgery on a magazine. Anyone?

BGR

The profit margin on the mags is higher so I have room to offer free shipping. Why do you think 9.00 is a lot for shipping? Its flat rate, order 500 springs and they will ship for $9.00 is that easier to swallow? I could stuff them in a white envelope and put a stamp on it but when they don't make it to you would that be ok?

I don't understand your comment, see what would be different?

Show of hands, who wants me to raise the price of each set of springs by 9.00 and offer free shipping instead of a flat rate charge of 9.00 to ship?

Thanks, ordered!

Why does the magazine get free shipping but the $23 dollar springs cost $9 to ship?

ETA: I’d rather see the price include free shipping and pay more upfront than realize it’s different after. $9 seems like a lot to ship springs. Then extra for insurance...

BGR

Thanks everyone for ordering. Springs should be here by Tuesday and I will start shipping them out soon after.

Donut77donut

The profit margin on the mags is higher so I have room to offer free shipping. Why do you think 9.00 is a lot for shipping? Its flat rate, order 500 springs and they will ship for $9.00 is that easier to swallow? I could stuff them in a white envelope and put a stamp on it but when they don't make it to you would that be ok?

I don't understand your comment, see what would be different?

Show of hands, who wants me to raise the price of each set of springs by 9.00 and offer free shipping instead of a flat rate charge of 9.00 to ship?

It wasn’t deal breaker expensive, I ordered, and I understand the flat rate shipping. I guess I’m just cheaper than most and think $9 is a lot to ship springs. I appreciate the effort to get these to market and fair prices on your website. I was being trivial about the shipping and apologize for bringing it up. You’re an asset to this site and our community, thank you!

ScottinTexas

UZI Talk Life Member
Priority Mail Flat Rate is now $7.55.

I sell a few things on ebay and am pretty knowledgeable about shipping costs and the cheapest methods.

Paying an employee to pack, label and ship plus padded envelopes pretty much gets you to $9.00. I'm shocked at postage costs and I often wonder about the impact on small businesses.

BGR

No reason to apologize, its part of it. When you only see your perspective 9.00 is a lot but on my end there's a lot more involved. Currently the cost of a USPS small flat is over 8.00 due to the holiday price increase so I probably made .80 cents off of your shipping charges before accounting for cc processing fees, additional packaging, or anything else. Had you ordered more and I had to go up to Reg A or MED Flat you would still pay 9.00 and it would actually cost me 10.00 to 14.00 to ship your order. Most days you run in the negative on shipping and you hope the product margins make up for it. I could charge by weight but I don't have time for that and in the end the shipping fees would average out to be more.

Usually I do free shipping for anything over 150.00 but that is currently not active due to the site wide 10% off sale.

I blame most of this on the era of Amazon. When larger corporations are willing to take huge start up losses to get their name out there its bad news for the smaller guys. The majority of Americans (myself included) now EXPECT two day deliveries and free shipping on every item. A lot of us just can't meet those expectations.

It wasn’t deal breaker expensive, I ordered, and I understand the flat rate shipping. I guess I’m just cheaper than most and think $9 is a lot to ship springs. I appreciate the effort to get these to market and fair prices on your website. I was being trivial about the shipping and apologize for bringing it up. You’re an asset to this site and our community, thank you!

CRofMel

I have 5 coffin mags so I ordered 10 springs. The coffin mags are my favorite.
Thanks BGR

You get (2) springs for the $23.95 to do one magazine. You only needed to order (5) for your (5) magazines.

BGR

Last Update: The Springs are in and I will start pushing out your orders this week. Thanks again and I hope they meet your expectations and please spread the word.

ATCDoktor

Do surplus mags generally require new springs?

I have about a dozen Suomi Coffin Mags and two of them started giving me feeding problems after moderate to heavy use.

I got in on the first round of Coffin mag springs, replaced the springs in the two problem mags and that sorted my feeding issues out immediately.

If you have coffin mags, I’d recommend getting springs while they are available.

Dr.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter