Suppressor recore, refinish and jail break.

MDG

UZI Talk Life Member
Does anyone know of a company that does such beside Stalking Rhino? Matt's had my .45 suppressor for jail break, moly coat and recore for 7 months. That is absurd.

TheColtCollector

UZI Talk Life Member
Does anyone know of a company that does such beside Stalking Rhino? Matt's had my .45 suppressor for jail break, moly coat and recore for 7 months. That is absurd.

Honestly I’ve had some horrible customer service problems with him when I sent in a machine gun years ago. Called the ATF to retrieve it. It was that bad.

I would just buy a new can that is user serviceable

LawBob

What can is it

techspy

I have one that could use a re-core although it works fine as is. So what is allowed with a repair or recore? Can only an SOT do this? As an owner of a form4 can, am I prohibited from re-coring or repairing it? So if I have one that has been damaged and needs recoring or repairing, could it be done to fit an MP5 SD for example? It would be the same caliber, same dimensions etc. (By me? By an SOT?)

LawBob

I have one that could use a re-core although it works fine as is. So what is allowed with a repair or recore? Can only an SOT do this? As an owner of a form4 can, am I prohibited from re-coring or repairing it? So if I have one that has been damaged and needs recoring or repairing, could it be done to fit an MP5 SD for example? It would be the same caliber, same dimensions etc. (By me? By an SOT?)

You cannot make baffles, those are suppressor parts. So you cannot re-core. An sot has to.

Mackjack

UZI Talk Supporter
So if I try and repair a supressor after for instance a baffle strike, by making a flat washer that fits in my super cheap .22 cans that's made of spacers and washers im going to jail?

:wtf:bs

Sounds crazy. Altho.... It's a crazy world we live in...

A&S Conversions

UZI Talk Life Member
It is my understanding that suppressor core parts are considered a suppressor. Before this ruling one vender would sell internals and another vender would sell the tubes. It would not be legal for you to get a local machinist to do the work and no SOT would send you parts. Would it be legal for you to make the parts? It is my understanding that that would not be legal. A SOT manufacturer could make the parts legally and do the work.

I would check with Rim Country https://rimcountrymfg.com/product-category/silencers/ has an all anodized parts SD suppressor of $500 and you'd two suppressors. SD cans are for just a ported barrel. An would not work with a Mac style Upper receiver.

Scott

garandman

You cannot make baffles, those are suppressor parts. So you cannot re-core. An sot has to.

Correct. I just had YHM re-core my Mite. Some nice work they done. :)

29356057_10160373140265107_808253316860477440_n.jpg

garandman

So if I try and repair a supressor after for instance a baffle strike, by making a flat washer that fits in my super cheap .22 cans that's made of spacers and washers im going to jail?

Do whatcha gotta do. Just don't post it on the internets. :) By this, I mean "Obey all firearms laws." :)

garandman

I'd give YHM a call. They have a full machine shop, and already re-core their own YHM Mite.

Captain murrica

UZI Talk Supporter
Contact yhm customer service they are great. I called them to purchase a replacement removal tool for my 10/22 integral barrel, it was missing when I bought it. To be honest I’m not sure if it even was supposed to come with it, but they just asked me for my address and sent it for free.

LawBob

:wtf:bs

Technically, yes.

Why don’t you invite an ATF agent over and do it in front of him. See how that works out for ya...

LawBob

It's a YHM Wraith XL. He's already done one of my 9mm cans but he only did a jailbreak and moly coat. The one he's had for 7 months is a .45.

Can you get it back no charge? Call Curtis Tactical.

LawBob

Contact yhm customer service they are great. I called them to purchase a replacement removal tool for my 10/22 integral barrel, it was missing when I bought it. To be honest I’m not sure if it even was supposed to come with it, but they just asked me for my address and sent it for free.

I have my old Mite tool if anyone wants it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter