tactical stock

Sidewinder

Any recommendations for Mini-14 tactical stocks, or conversely what not to get? Sort of eyeing a Sage.

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
What features are you looking for?
Folding Stock? Retractable? Bullpup? Rails?

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
Tapco products are decently made for the price.
The Mini14 isn't ever going to be a sniper rifle, no matter what stock it's in.
Imho, the Tapco stock will give you as much as anything else out there, assuming the same features.

blfuller

You did not say if you were looking for a folder or a collapsible M4 type. Choate Machine and Tool offers both. I'd get the Choate over a Tapco any day. If money is of no object, gopher the Sage or the factory folder. If you want a conventional stock go with the Hogue. ATI makes some as well, you would want to upgrade to the metal collapsible version. Pro Mag has their Archangel stocks too.

Just an FYI, Ruger has used the ATI stocks as a factory option.

Choate M4...
19533d1291493872-choate-m4-stock-then-some-dscf0423.jpg

Last edited:

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
I had a stainless Mini14 that I put a bullpup stock on,it was a nice rig,and extremely compact!'
It was easy to shoot 1 handed (I did it right after a surgery that left me unable to hear weight with my left hand)
I screwed around and traded the rifle with the original stock to my father,but I still have the bullpup stock. Someday I will probably run across another Mini14 (or get really lucky and find an AC556) and drop it in the stock.

Last edited:

Openspaces

BuffDragon

UZI Talk Life Member
These are both for the mini14. My understanding is there were only a few modified or specifically made by/for Clyde Armory to fit ac556. Anyone know if the mini14 version will fit?

mine is on a mini14 but I bought it from a guy that had it on his ac556 and relieved the material inside the chassis for clearance himself. I dont think it took much work....

Hawaiian Human

UZI Talk Supporter
The Mini 14 version will not fit the AC556. Don't make the same mistake as me. I bought a Mini 14 stock from a guy online which was listed as a Mini 14 stock but he said he thought it was made specifically for the AC556. When I got it it didn't and wasn't even close to fitting my AC556. Fortunately I used it for my Mini 14 then researched online to find a company that sold one for my AC. I found out that Sage International carried them and emailed them to find a dealer. They responded and said they sold them direct, so I bought it. When I received it, it was a tight fit and I had to hand file the inside of the stock to get it to drop in. It wasn't a big deal and I read online that a lot of people had to do the same. It's expensive but it is well made.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter