The 650 is giving me case tipping again

arch stanton

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand Live @ The Blue Note
So the 650 is giving me case tipping again when it gets pushed into station #1 this happened one other time for me and it was fixed now its back and for the life of me can get it to stop. I am using the Lee U die in the station which is needed in my opinion when reloading 9mm anyway I installed the Dillon die and the issue is gone WTF??
I have read on Enos forums of this issue for a few hours and it can be many things causing this. Everything has been cleaned and relubed and wow what a feel of difference grease and oil the ram once in a while. Anyway I am assuming the wider mouth on the Dillon die is letting the brass into the die easier. So now I am going to open the mouth area of the Lee die and see if that helps.

What is actually happening the brass gets into station one full then just tips outward slightly then you have to bump it with your finger to feed.
Anyone else have a suggestion other than cleaning and realignment it has all been done.

When these Dillons work they can crank out the cartridges but when they don't work JEEZZZZ

Later Joe

Last edited:

Starvingboy

Couple of ideas:
Flip the case pusher from Rifle to Pistol...
Make sure you have the correct case slider
Make sure the bolt in the center of the plate is torqued jusssst right.

Gaffshot

Here is a reloading specific forum where there are a lot of Dillon users. 76Highboy.com

arch stanton

Moderator, FFL/SOT, UZI Talk Life Member,
Staff member
Wisconsin-Indonesia-Thailand Live @ The Blue Note
Couple of ideas:
Flip the case pusher from Rifle to Pistol...
Make sure you have the correct case slider
Make sure the bolt in the center of the plate is torqued jusssst right.

Been there done that

I am now 100% convinced this is why Dillon makes the wide case opening in station 1. I won't dwell on this any longer opening up the lee die is the fix for me

Mark.n.chip

UZI Talk Life Member
Make sure the shell plate is as tight as possible. I found the case is pressed into the holder just fine but when you push the handle forward to seat primer the case moves if there is slop in the plate.

r

i full length size and deprime on single stage(with carbine sizer) then clean brass, before going to load on dillon and do not use station #1 anymore.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter