The official MAC picture thread

Paven

UZI Talk Supporter
KingTiger said:
Just got everything to play well together a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for all the suggestions & help guys!

Have to ask.

What kind of suppressor set up you have there? It looks very cool.

Paven

Energizer

Paven said:
Have to ask.

What kind of suppressor set up you have there? It looks very cool.

Paven

looks like a two-stage sionics or clone.

Stellar Rigs

still trying to get image uploaded

Stellar Rigs said:
My favorite is the little .380

I welded a weaver rail behind the cocking knob and put a see-thru mount on to get the laser up over ANY can. A little mill work at the muzzle and finally I smoothed out all the rough welds B4 having the whole thing parked and darkened in hot blue. I like the way it came out so much that I carry it concealed from time to time.

still trying to get image uploaded

MallNinja

UZI Talk Life Member
Between California and Georgia, south of Mississip
My Introduction to NFA

Here is my MAC 10. Its a fully welded TX MAC. Its a typical TX gun. It has problems. I think that SGF and I got them all ironed out except now it needs a new extractor. Once that gets replaced, it should run 100% (with quality ammo)... then when my LAGE upper comes in it will run 1000000000%... can't friggin wait!

Attachments

• Resized DSC00522.jpg
    Resized DSC00522.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9,326

jestertoo

lage.jpg

Stellar Rigs

trying old EZ code

Stellar Rigs said:
My favorite is the little .380

I welded a weaver rail behind the cocking knob and put a see-thru mount on to get the laser up over ANY can. A little mill work at the muzzle and finally I smoothed out all the rough welds B4 having the whole thing parked and darkened in hot blue. I like the way it came out so much that I carry it concealed from time to time.
m11lsr.JPG

SubGunFan

UZI Talk Life Member
My MAX10/45.....

With a new muzzle brake................ The brake still needs to be parked.

PS: Not me shooting.....................

Oh yeah.... The "woop-ass package" is looking much better..... :)

Attachments

• MAX10-45.jpg
    MAX10-45.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 9,282

MallNinja

UZI Talk Life Member
SubGunFan said:
With a new muzzle brake................ The brake still needs to be parked.

PS: Not me shooting.....................

Oh yeah.... The "woop-ass package" is looking much better..... :)

Dood, I cant wait to see this thing of yours!!! I might have to make a drive out to MS before I go back overseas! :) Hows life there brother!

D

Energizer

douglasschuckert said:
+1 here... Would free be asking to much?

ImageShack.us is free, but they want me to install their toolbar.... sorry, not happening... just lost a hard disk, bought a new one and reinstalled everything, don't care to have any software I don't "need".... including freeware that may contain adware and other BS.

MallNinja

UZI Talk Life Member
Energizer said:
ImageShack.us is free, but they want me to install their toolbar.... sorry, not happening... just lost a hard disk, bought a new one and reinstalled everything, don't care to have any software I don't "need".... including freeware that may contain adware and other BS.

+1... Thats why I use a MACintosh. Since I've had this MAC I have had 0 problems with Adware, Spyware, Hackerware, ect... My system hasn't spontainiously crashed, hickuped, farted, nothing. It's been perfect in almost every way. The learning curve from PC to MAC was a bit longer than I'd have liked, but once you learn how it does its thing, its SOOO much more simple than a PC. I will never purchase a PC for an everyday computer again. MAC all the way.

Energizer

douglasschuckert said:
+1... Thats why I use a MACintosh. Since I've had this MAC I have had 0 problems with Adware, Spyware, Hackerware, ect... My system hasn't spontainiously crashed, hickuped, farted, nothing. It's been perfect in almost every way. The learning curve from PC to MAC was a bit longer than I'd have liked, but once you learn how it does its thing, its SOOO much more simple than a PC. I will never purchase a PC for an everyday computer again. MAC all the way.

well, you have an OS that only uses certain software, hardware, and drivers, which reduces problems. Plus, since there are way more PC users out there, hackers and script kiddies tend to target machines to which they will have the most impact. Why target MACs when you can harm so many more PCs? Comparing the OS, MACs are probably more vulnerable than PCs.

H

hotbrass

"Creating a virus for a Mac is like slapping a baby."

"The MAC operating system is like the monorail at Disney World.
It's kind of spectacular and fun, but it doesn't go much of anywhere.
Still, the kids like it." :laugh

MallNinja

UZI Talk Life Member
Energizer said:
well, you have an OS that only uses certain software, hardware, and drivers, which reduces problems. Plus, since there are way more PC users out there, hackers and script kiddies tend to target machines to which they will have the most impact. Why target MACs when you can harm so many more PCs? Comparing the OS, MACs are probably more vulnerable than PCs.

True, but PC's only use certain software, hardware, and drivers as well. PCs are differently more prolific than MACs are and you're absolutely right about targeting MAC's. Why would we be targets. The market is only about 14% of the computer world. There is a common misnomer among PC users out there that say you can't do on a MAC what you can on a PC. Since the change from the Motorola PowerPC platform to the Intel platform the abilities of these computers have skyrocketed. I used to think the same way until I broke down and purchased my first MAC. Now it's all I use. I can do everything I could ever want to do on this thing including playing games. If there is something that is some proprietary software (like what you find many times in corporate USA,) and If I dont feel like rebooting into XP I bring up Parallels and Bob's your uncle.

OSX being less secure than MS? Quite the contrary.. There are just a handful of known vulnerablities for MAC & all known have been patched. The OS is basically hackproof... yea I know nothing is hackproof, but the MAC is as close to it as you can get. As it stands now all known virii for the MAC have been written by MAC professionals in attempts to see just how open the boxes really are. The only hackers that are capable of gaining access to these boxes are the extreme professionals and even then if the proper security precautions are taken by the end user that is extremely difficult. I've worked network security and network engineering professionally for the past 12 years. Its the reason I went with Macintosh in the first place. Absolutely EVERYTHING anyone can do on their PC I can do on my MAC. With the exception of gaming the MAC is complete. Then for my games I just reboot into XP and that is solved. The graphics are infinitely better, the power of this MacBook Pro is phenomenal comparing it to the modern day business laptops. Hell this laptop is even faster than my home XP computer.

I have had zero viruss and this thing even tells me when someone is conducting a port scan or intrusion attempt. I had to use IDS Specific software on my XP/Windows computer (IDS is Intrusion Detection System - kinda like your software based firewalls but a lot stronger) for that.

The OS is like Disney World. Its fun, exciting, extremely simple, and WAY more user friendly than MicroCrap's systems. I used to be a diehard Windows person until I began using OSX. There is a reason that 99% of all MAC owners never go back to PC's. The world's best professional security experts (hackers) mostly use Macintosh's. Before you knock it, you need to spend some real time with one. Point in case If you use Bit-torrent or file exchange programs out there you disparately need a MAC. Both my wife and I know tricks that if you have one of those clients running on your box, we can very easily go in there and jack around with your stuff (even if you have *most* software based firewalls up). When the same clients are run on the MAC its quite a different story.

The absolutely easiest way into someone's computer is with a Trojan. Its a simple application that is imbedded into say a picture file or an MP3. Email this embedded picture to someone, they open it (if you use Outlook, sometimes the preview option can activate it) it activates and then your computer behind the scenes transmits all sorts of goodies (depending on how the trojan is written) back to the creator. Your bank records, your passwords, ect.... The MAC OS without a 3rd party firewall makes this extremely difficult and with a 3rd party firewall, is damn tight!

If you dont believe me, just 'google it'. You'd be surprised to see just how secure this OS really is.

sorry for the hijack.

Last edited:

MallNinja

UZI Talk Life Member
hotbrass said:
"Creating a virus for a Mac is like slapping a baby."

"The MAC operating system is like the monorail at Disney World.
It's kind of spectacular and fun, but it doesn't go much of anywhere.
Still, the kids like it." :laugh

Creating an effective Virus for a MAC is a nightmare. Its pretty tough. You have to know either AppleScript inside and out or be VERY VERY familiar with the Unix Kernel/Shell and know C++. OS X uses a "Secure Kernel" version of FreeBSD Unix. Then after you get this done and working, you have to be able to get it on the target box. It's a lot easier said than done.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter