The Vector Situation

AliYahu

I'm still pissed that Vector Arms decided to quit making or increase the hell out of the price of the full size Uzis.  I've wanted one for a while, and I've been saving for one, and they've been telling dealers, "We have XXX hundred left."
Then they changed their minds, and cancelled a lot of orders.  Yet, as I write this on 12/24/02, the full size is still listed on their web site (http://www.vectorarms.com) for "$3295.00 + $25 shipping"
What the hell is going on with that company?

A

HK33K

Give it a break. You had over four years to buy a Vector UZI. The first add was in the Dec98 SAR. If you can't come up with 3K in that length of time, you never will.
Pat
0-1-25

AliYahu

Actually, I just found out about it a little over a year ago.  I haven't been around C3 stuff much since my father sold out in '87 (when I was 11).
Can you imagine if Ford said, "We're not going to make any more F-150's, we're going to only make Rangers, and all F-150 orders not prepaid as of 2 days ago are cancelled"?

A

p.08

Well, I am also new to the Class 3 scene, I got my SOT in August. I had been reading Bowers boards and took stock in what people were saying and immediately ordered  some for my self to resell at a later date. Granted I had the money on hand to do a deal like this. The point is like any gun you see, if the price is right or damn close do what you have to do to get it NOW. Did you ever pass a good deal at a gun show and then go back to pick it up later and  find that someone else did not hesitate? Fact is you snooze you loose.  :( If I were you I would try like hell to get one for a bit more NOW, cause if you wait there only going to go higher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deanh

Sorry you missed out on the lower price, but it's not a shock that they raised it as much as they did. I'm surprised the price didn't go up much sooner, they will get $4500 ea for the full size. In a year or so that will be the cheap price.

If you really want one you will pony up the cash, like everyone else.

I missed out on the $3000 M16's and had to pay much more than that when I bought mine. But I really wanted it so I paid.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Pick up a 1995 issue of Machine Gun News and the prices will make you puke! That's only 7 years ago but the price increases are astonishing. The Vector Uzi's (like ever other transferable Title II weapon in the country) are limited in number and we all knew this day would come. Vector is protecting their investment and it makes sense from their point of view. All and all they seem like a great company.

JDmontana

FFL
:(All those that got thier UZI call all those who didn't whiners.  If Vector had cancelled thier last order who would be doing the whining?  I'm getting the picture that Vector promised and told all they were going to sell so many full size UZI then prices were going up and a given amount had been set aside for minis.  Vector suddenly changed thier mind and cancelled a bunch of orders before reaching that number.  Write them, don't buy anything from them, or whatever else you think might put pressure on them to live up to promises, or at least get them to tell us the whole story.  If there word is no good then how good is thier warranty?  What will keep them from breaking thier word again?  I keep hearing the term business decision, the same philosphy existed at Enron, it caused companies to poison the rivers with pollutants, etc.  Think about it.

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
I can only think about your Enron analogy for about 2 seconds before I bust out laughing. That's quite a stretch. Prices for all transferable NFA weapons is a joke and you either play the game or you sit on the sidelines and cry.

As always, price is a gamble. You can wait and hope the prices return to a "normal" level after the shock of this news wears off. But you might find that prices continue to rise. Only time will tell.

Tb

FFL/SOT
Of all the  things I've learned in my life , waiting on Class 3 prices  to come down , or wait for a good deal is well... DUMB. When I bought my HK  33 back in the  mid '90's I thought $2800 for  NIB HK 33 sear gun was more stupid than the $2100 M16 RR I walked away from. Not mention the $500 registered HK sears . But now looking back, I would have cash in a 401k plan to buy everything I could get my hands on.
My next want is a Swedish K, since I have been saving  money the price has gone up $700. But I will just have to absorb it and continue saving.

tomegunn

Vector is a great company and I will continue to do business with them. I bought on a group purchase and got a good gun at a reasonable price. I have shot it and like it very much as it works great. I am now trying to get a mini before they run out of them.

AliYahu

RE: Vector

Well, now it seems that NIB FS Vector guns are still selling for less than $3500.:D
I don't mind dealer mark up but the guys wanting over $5K are just being really optimistic.
I may soon have my Uzi after all!:uzi:

A

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
AliYahu, I think you're right that prices may be moderating a bit. I've seen some guns advertised in the $3400-$3500 range and it seems like there are more guns for sale than a month ago. I guess the initial shock is starting to wear off.

So when are you going to order one???

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
There's 3 that went up today on Sturmgewehr for 3500 new and 3200 used. When you consider the transfer taxes just get the new one.

I was one of the lucky ones that got theirs from Bill Stover in December. I think it's safe to say I got in the VERY LAST batch of factory ones. Sure I paid $700 less than that but what are you going to wait for? You gonna wait until the difference is $1000? $1500? You gonna buy one from Vector for 4300? Just buy it man.

In 10 years when it's worth $15k you'll be thankful I'm sure.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
But wouldn't the assault weapon ban screw stuff up if MGs were legalized again? Like you could have an M16 but no evil features?

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Does the assault weapons ban apply to title II weapons? I don't know, but I doubt it.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
Well the AWB doesn't currently affect MG's because technically they are all pre ban guns. MGs currently sold are sold to police and SOT dealers only who are exempt from the AWB. OF course if the AWB goes away it doesn't matter!

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
We could end up with CT style MG laws. You can have whatever MG you want but it has to be full auto only. CT has a state AWB which affects MGs already saying no semi auto.

dustindu4

UZI Talk Life Member
either way, I don't think we have an ice cube's chance in hell but you still gotta try

JIMBO

First UZI Talk Supporter, ,
I talked to Debbie at Vector last week and she told me that their website is kind of in the experimental project stage and not to be suprised at all if the info on it is current or not. Especially the section regarding NEW- UZI accessories. If you want up to date info you have to call.:mad:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter