The wait begins (sort of)

rockman96

The ATF cashed my check yesterday, so I consider the waiting period officially started. Nine weeks since purchase, with 8 to 14 to go....what time frame is the examiner for 'W' turning things around in these days?

I've got my Lage, mags, and ammo.....now I just need my stamp.

Patton250

UZI Talk Life Member
4 months if your lucky

rockman96 said:
The ATF cashed my check yesterday, so I consider the waiting period officially started. Nine weeks since purchase, with 8 to 14 to go....what time frame is the examiner for 'W' turning things around in these days?

I've got my Lage, mags, and ammo.....now I just need my stamp.

If your check was cashed yesterday you have about 2 to 6 weeks before pending and then 3 months after that for approval. If I were you I would try to forget about it for a while. I know this does not help much but it is reality. Good luck. I you want I can send you videos of me shooting my M11/9 with Lage upper and suppressor. It might help.:mini-gun

dbailey

I hate the wait - most will chime in with ole 'you cant do anything about it' type stuff, but that doesnt dampen the fact that days seem like months when you waiting on a stamp. Hang in there, its worth it.

captbill

I just got a from 4 last week that the check was csahed 01/13/11. Hope your transfer time is less.

rockman96

That's about 8-9 weeks....not bad. My last transfer (.45 can) took almost 9 months from purchase to stamp time. A lot of that was ate up in the form 3 transfer though.

ezdubbin97

Awesome! The wait does seem to take forever...I just got my stamps (first NFA for me) and it wasn't too bad...checks cashed 12/23, pending 1/7, approved 2/28. Congrats though!!!

ScottW

I mailed my form on 15 Oct 10. Form approved 23 Nov. Got it a few days later. I was pleased, especially since this was my first!

ezdubbin97

ScottW said:
I mailed my form on 15 Oct 10. Form approved 23 Nov. Got it a few days later. I was pleased, especially since this was my first!

Damn...that is super fast! Who was your examiner?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter