Thompson M1A1

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
I saw this listing on Gun Broker and read through it twice trying to figure out why the seller thought he could get $259.000 for it. It is not all original and has been refinished. It is a bring back, but you buy the gun not the story. Am I missing something or is the seller completely detached from reality?

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
I had an email exchange with him and he’s totally ignorant to reality. He’s selling it for someone and trying to get a commission. I told him he has to sell it to actually earn the commission but he’s dead-set on that pie in the sky $259k price.
Good Luck!

Bobby Boucher

UZI Talk Life Member
Gunbroker would love to collect the fees on that sale. I believe that is close to mini gun prices. He must not want it sold for some reason.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Well I guess there could be some Dot Com millionaire who is also an idiot who ponies up the money. The seller has some other over priced items for sale. It might be interesting to see how many years he repost the items before he or his heirs come to their senses.

brenbuilds

UZI Talk Supporter
Recently, there was a Gunbroker listing for an Erb Sten Mk. II in somewhat rough condition for $25,000. Surprisingly it was a different user than this fellow. Some of these users have no knowledge or approximation of the Title II market.

$259,000? Why stop there? Make it $300,000!

jolague

Anyone can list a price reaching to the stars. Will it be within reason? No. However, I notice some people use narratives as a selling point, either real or imagined. With all do respect for the Pearl Harbor veteran and other war story attachments, they don't command a premium of previous ownership comparable to something like one of Steve McQueen's BARs with provenance.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter