Uzi bolt bwe

Oh6swat

Hello

Just (finally) getting around to building an uzi from a parts kit. I know bwe used to make a clearances bolt and I’m having difficulty locating one due to his unfortunate passing. Is there another provider who performs the same or similar service? I’ve built som AKs and numerous ARs but am wanting to expand the the Uzi for my collection. Thanks for your help.

Oh6swat

Slowmo

Hello

Just (finally) getting around to building an uzi from a parts kit. I know bwe used to make a clearances bolt and I’m having difficulty locating one due to his unfortunate passing. Is there another provider who performs the same or similar service? I’ve built som AKs and numerous ARs but am wanting to expand the the Uzi for my collection. Thanks for your help.

Oh6swat
Are you building a post-sample machinegun or a semi-auto?

Hello

I have 1 more available.

Last edited:

Oh6swat

Are you building a post-sample machinegun or a semi-auto?
Semi auto. I got one of the barrels from ftf industries that said it could work either way. No interest in machine gun conversions. Had more than my fill of those. Just looking for the easiest way to go. Have a nodak spud receiver.

Slowmo

Semi auto. I got one of the barrels from ftf industries that said it could work either way. No interest in machine gun conversions. Had more than my fill of those. Just looking for the easiest way to go. Have a nodak spud receiver.

Your original post has me a bit confused, but I don’t think you are looking for the right type of bolt (could be wrong).

Semi-autos use a bolt with a separate firing pin/striker that is cut to clear the blocking bar and already factory clearanced to clear the restrictor ring. FA Uzis use a bolt with a fixed firing pin that from the factory are not cut to clear the blocking bar or the restrictor ring. That is the whole point of the blocking bar and restrictor ring.

If you are building a semi-auto uzi, you need a semi-auto bolt and firing pin setup, not an SMG bolt that has been clearanced to fit over the restrictor ring. The blocking bar would still prevent the use of the clearanced SMG bolt, and removing the blocking bar or slotting the SMG bolt for the blocking bar are NFA no-nos.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter