Uzi Build Advice

Prelude8626

All.

Hopefully this is in the correct sections. Have never built an Uzi and am in the process of researching everything. I've tried the YouTube video but not much help (most show receiver flats and I want to use a complete one, maybe mckay). Can anyone recommend any material to help me with the process to try and get a feel of what I'm getting into?

Also, any special tools needed for the build.

Thanks.

Last edited:

chipster

UZI Talk Life Member
McKay includes a pretty complete build guide with their pre-welded receivers. I have this in a PDF scan - PM me your email address and I'll send it over.
Usually the thing that catches most is the welding to block out FA in the grip stick.

blfuller

The block in the grip was the biggest issue for me and I just brazed it in place with some high temp silver solder. I used a semi-auto sear instead of modding the FA one. The worst part was when I was applying a gunkote finish. The receiver fell off the hook and landed on a towel underneath it and when I picked it up it was all covered with fuzz. Back to the blast cabinet I went.

Last edited:

sniperdoc

UZI Talk Supporter
The block in the grip was the biggest issue for me and I just brazed it in place with some high temp silver solder. I used a semi-auto sear instead of modding the FA one. The worst part was when I was applying a gunkote finish and the receiver. It fell off the hook and landed on a towel underneath it and when I picked it up it was all covered with fuzz. Back to the blast cabinet I went.

That can happen!
I've had a few finish mishaps happen myself

Johnny_V

The blocking bar in the grip stick is installed easiest using the spot welder.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter