UZI Ejector slot question

BARgunner

In order to place the ejector so that it rides in the correct position on the bolt, I had to enlarge the ejector slot. I had to widen it by .026". Picture shows the original orientation which put the ejector hard against the bolt. Compared to an original UZI, that wasn't correct so I opened up the slot to move the ejector. The rivet hole doesn't line up now so I'm going to weld it up and drill a new hole. My question is about the .026" lateral slop. Should I weld the one edge of the slot and dress it in order for the ejector to fit tight in the slot? When the bolt goes back, it looks like the majority of the force on extraction is straight back on the ejector which butts up against the rear trigger lug and also puts some torque on the ejector rivet. I'm not sure about the lateral torque applied to the ejector but I'm thinking that .026" of movement at that bend in the ejector could lead to early fatigue failure at the bend in the ejector. I don't have any problems with the welding and fitting portion of this. I don't know if I'm over thinking this but I would appreciate any suggestions.

Attachments

• DSCN4544.JPG
    DSCN4544.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

navgunner

UZI Talk Life Member
Your picture and description are both referring to an ejector (not extractor). Also, anyone answering this question is going to need information about the receiver (is it a Group Industries)?

root

UZI Talk Supporter
If it is a GI receiver and you move that rivet hole good luck it will be a out of spec hack at best not work right or reliable at worst.

Let us know because if it is a GI shell or receiver I have some pdf docs you will need.

Manufactered by who?
Who did the stamping GI D&D ???

Never saw a D&D receiver.

root

UZI Talk Supporter
PM answered.

Here is a thread on what D&D was selling and the prints needed to finish it.

If that is the receiver you have that is.

Jones

I've had good luck with Global Machine & Tool LLC's repair sections but do run into clearance/alignment problems at times.
My fix is to tweak the ejector; bending and/or filing it to fit in the bolt slot instead of opening up the slot.
Might be one way of curing your alignment problems.

BARgunner

I found one ejector that fits the bolt using the original hole and I’ll have to weld the slot edge to get a tight fit on the ejector. I’m not going any further until I get a chance to view the info that root is going to send.
I appreciate all the responses!

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter