Uzi silencer/ barrel

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I found one of these and I’m deciding to buy or not. Is there any advantage over a stand alone silencer vs a Swiss cheese barrel inside a silencer ?

K2

Hi,

In the old days, the highly ported 16" barrels were handy for S/A guns as they maintained the barrel length (no sbr required) and got a supressor that attached to the barrel nut. My experience with these old supressors is that they are not as quiet as modern cans with a 10" standard barrel.

If this is what you are talking about.

No reason to buy one if you don't have the can that goes with it.

Enjoy,

K2

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
sold it...3rd gun smith and it appears to be running worse. Every smith says the previous smith didn't do a good job..every smith says 30-45 days and it turns out to be 7-9 months....back plate rewelded multiple times, gun is getting shorter and shorter....reweld looks worse each time.....sold as a gunsmith special to the last gun smith. He can continue to tweak it and resell for profit and let the new buyer enjoy it...I should have given up long ago on it...in 3 years its been in my safe for approx. 6 months....the other 2.5 years its been sitting on a gun smiths shelf.....most likely one of the worse NFA stories you ever heard if I got into details

bought a Wilson RR recently and have moved on.

after nearly 3 years I finally give up on that POS GI Uzi

thousands in gunsmith and shipping back and forth....gone...add to that the -2-3K in uzi value that has dropped

im excited to get my new uzi which comes with a warranty. Starting out with a straight receiver im sure any issues will be much easier to fix if I have any.

Last edited:

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
Well that sucks. Who was the latest ‘Smith?
Many of us prefer a properly converted IMI Uzi with blocking bar removed. An IMI is a true Uzi, all the others are clones with GI receivers being out of spec.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
I don't want to get into details and smiths.

I look forward to a real IMI receiver and if needed doing the final steps to make it 100% SMG spec.

Ive talked to Wilson about how he converted them. Wilson seems to have one of the better reputation for the guns he made, so I hope to get a good one.

nklf

UZI Talk Life Member
Happy to hear you are going to give another Uzi a try. I love mine, but your NIB GI was a nightmare and would turn a first time buyer off of NFA stuff. Like you said the first six inches of the barrel is inside the receiver so unlike the MP5SD the integral suppressor will not drop 115gr ammo to subsonic speed. Other than looks I'm not sure what advantage it would have other than you are guaranteed that the barrel is concentric to the suppressor. No need to worry about cans coming loose and causing baffle strikes.

I have an old Coastal dedicated Uzi can that replaces the barrel nut. I really like the sound of that can. Unfortunately it was an early build and does not have the teeth on the back to engage the barrel nut latch so it can back off during extended firing. I also have the Uzi adapter for the Octane. I normally shoot the Octane on the mini and have never done a side by side comparison to see how they differ on the full size.

The price is reasonable on the integrated cans and is tempting just to try something different, but I have too much stuff in the safe as it is.

Battering ram NIB

UZI Talk Supporter,
Uzi was my first nfa. When I thought of a FA the uzi was the first gun that came to mind. I’ll get one that works.

Ill pass on this silencer

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter