Wear on inside receiver under bolt

dannyk45

UZI Talk Supporter
Is there something to worry about if there are tracks where the bolt slides over the receiver. My Uzi has never missed a beat, but after a lot of shooting and not a lot of cleaning it lookes like two shiny stips where the bolt slides. Is this something to be concerned about? They dont seem to have any depth just shiny. FORGOT TO MENTION IT'S A FULL AUTO.

Last edited:

RoverDave

Administrator
Staff member
That's normal. The shiney spots lub indicators. Just oil anything shiney!

dannyk45

UZI Talk Supporter
Thank You

Thanks RD I lost sleep over that.:silly
RoverDave said:
That's normal. The shiney spots lub indicators. Just oil anything shiney!

SecondAmend

dannyk45,

Moving mechanical parts wear out. Those tracks are your receiver wearing out because of the bolt reciprocating on it. Vector heat treats (i.e., hardens) the receivers help reduce the wear and thus lengthen the life of the receiver.

By all indications, there is and ever will be only a fixed number of transferable machine guns (182,619) in the U.S. which includes about 8,000 Uzis. While yours will out last you and probably several generations thereafter, it will eventually have tracks so deep the gun will have to be repaired (if practical) or scrapped. If scrapped, there will be no replacement.

Oblofusc

SecondAmend said:
dannyk45,

it will eventually have tracks so deep the gun will have to be repaired (if practical) or scrapped. . .

I'll buy that scrap metal at DOUBLE scrap steel price!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter