What to keep?

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
So I have a good collection of M11/9s. One that was made is 83 one that was made in 85 and a few 86s. I am going to sell some trying to decide the best ones to keep. I am leaning towards the 83 and one of the NIB 86 M11s. What do you guys think?

Gaujo

UZI Talk Supporter
I personally think they are a commodity once they are used, so just keep the most used one and sell the rest, esp NIB and broaden that collection. I don't get why you need more than one because it's a modular system.

Hey...

UZI Talk Life Member
I chose within a 15 minute period between a well used 83 without semi holes and an 86 in near new shape that ran better than the 83 at that time.

Looking back, wondering, fishing whether I had regret, the 83 had hand stamped SMG ugly while 86 was much cleaner with a proper stamp. Aside from that it wouldn’t have mattered once both were tuned to run.

It’s really personal how you feel about each object yourself.

Concorde

Moderator, UZI Talk Life Member,
I don't get why you need more than one because it's a modular system.

You know better than use the word “need” in regard to submachine guns! :)

I have 3 from before they got as expensive as they are now, and I keep one set up with a Max31 upper and Thompson furniture, one in classic factory style with suppressor (but with CF-W bolt), and one with the MAX11-15 on it.

gorillastomp

UZI Talk Life Member
You know better than use the word “need” in regard to submachine guns! :)

I have 3 from before they got as expensive as they are now, and I keep one set up with a Max31 upper and Thompson furniture, one in classic factory style with suppressor (but with CF-W bolt), and one with the MAX11-15 on it.

Need more than one simple I got two hands!

boomer535

I don't think about selling my guns as much as who will get them when I am gone. Who will be getting your guns? Which would they most want? I have a 12 year old Son who just shot my M11/9 and Sten for the first time, and he is going to be my heir.

Vegas SMG

UZI Talk Life Member,
The 1986 M-11/9s are welded up and converted semi autos.
I'd keep the NIB '86 and the 1983 that was originally built as a machine gun and not a converted semi auto.

sigstroker

People converted semis? Seems like it would be easier to just get one that was made as a full auto. What were they in '86, like 500 bucks or less?

Doobis

People converted semis? Seems like it would be easier to just get one that was made as a full auto. What were they in '86, like 500 bucks or less?

I think once they knew the ban was coming manufactures registered everything they could because after May 19 1986 no new machine guns could be registered.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.

Please Visit our Sister Sites Below

Sister Board - Sturmgewehr Sister Board - MachinegunBoards

Please consider becoming an UZI Talk Supporter